Monsters Don't Always Do Monsterous Things

A/N: JUST FOR A HEADS UP THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER BUT I THINK YOU GUYS WILL ENJOY IT.

~~~~~

The next morning, Scott was sitting at the table in the kitchen. He had not gotten any sleep, as did most of them. They had saved three lives, but lost four.

The rest of the Moonlit and Blood-Moon pack we're packing there things. They were going back to Forest Academy today.

"Scott, I packed your things," Kira spoke softly to her boyfriend.

"You know I love you?" He said, arms crossed as he leaned on the table. "I just-I loved-"

"Sh," she interrupted and hugged him. "I love you too," He leaned into her.

"I can't believe she's gone-I can't believe they're gone," he cried.

"No one can," Kira said. "I'm so sorry."

"Me too," he agreed.

~~~~~

Andy and Isaac met everyone back at Scott's house.

They entered the house that was filled with utter silence.

"Hey," Liam greeted them in the living room. "They're all packing."

"And Jay?" Andy asked.

"She's still asleep," he answered.

Once Andy said 'thank you' to Liam, she made her way upstairs. She followed the scent of her best friend to the guest bedroom.

Jay laid down on her side on the bed. She felt as someone sat on the edge of the bed. She sat up to see Andy.

"Hey," Andy said in a sweet voice.

"Hi," Jay whispered.

"His are you feeling?"

"Not that great," Jay honestly said. "I didn't sleep."

"Me neither."

"I'm sorry," Jay said for the millionth time since the night before.

"Hey," Andy began. "It's not your fault. It's the Nogitsune."

"I know, but I did it," Jay said. "I pulled the trigger.

"It wasn't you," Andy told her again. "It wasn't my sister."

"I know you don't like hugs," Jay looked her in the eye. "But can I have one."

"Of course," Andy said after immediately pulling her into one.

"I'm sorry."

"Listen," Andy tried to hold herself together by fighting the tears wanting to slip. She pulled away and held Jay's hands. "Remember when we pinkie sweared to be best friends?" Jay nodded. "Since then you've grown to be like a sister to me. I love you Jay, and nothing you can do will change that."

"I love you too," Jay said. "They hate me though."

"No one hates you," Andy told her. "But it's gonna take time for everyone to get through this."

"Nina and St-Stiles?" It huff Jay to ask about him.

"You need to save him," Andy said. "You're the only one who can. I love Nerina...but I don't know if I can save her."

"We'll save them," Jay said, but saw no emotion in Andy.

Andy hid the fact that what they just talked about bothered her. Her cousin was dead and she might not be able to save her sister. Someone she already let down once.