4

Gerard

I sat on my floor as my mom tied me to my bedpost.

"Can we not. It's, like, super uncomfortable."

"You killed a dog last time. We can't risk that again." I cringed as the cold silver chains tightened around my small frame.

"Not so tight."

"It has to be this tight." She yanked on the chain, pulling it tighter than it needed to be. She got up and left, making sure my window was closed and locked before leaving. I heard the faint click of my door locking behind her. Soon, the sun had set and the full moon had risen. I growled in pain as I transformed. My terrible accident. I flicked one of my now furry ears as I heard Mom's heels click against the hall's wooden floors. I heard her snoring in the room over as my door's lock clicked open. I wagged my tail as Mikey entered my room, closing the door behind him. I loved it when Mikey visited. He pat my head before sitting next to me. I whimpered as he rubbed my furry chest. He sighed sadly.

"I wish you weren't a werewolf, Gee. Remember when we would stay up and watch the full moon? Now this is what we have to do." I licked his head so he would know I understood him. He reached up and scratched under my chin. I saw a faint smile break Mikey's usually expressionless face as he traced my paw pads. My ears flicked as a small pebble hit my window. Mikey got up and looked out before cracking it open.

"Frank!? What are you doing here?" I wagged my tail. Frank was here?! I resisted the urge to bark in happiness. Barking would only wake up my mom.

"Is Gerard there? I wanna talk to him!" I whined as Mikey told Frank that I couldn't talk right now. I was right here, wasn't I? Then I remembered that I'm a werewolf. My ears flattened in sadness. I could sense Frank's disappointment from here. But, before Mikey could close the window, Mom came bursting into my room.

"MIKEY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE!! GERARD IS DANGEROUS!!" I let out a mournful howl as my mom yanked Mikey out of my room, slamming my window shut after yelling at Frank to leave. She slammed my door as she left, making my sensitive ears hurt. I fell into a light sleep for awhile, then I heard the front door open. I was confused, considering that everyone in the house was asleep. I watched as my door creaked open and Frank poked his head in. Wait, Frank? Frank didn't live with us. I tilted my head to one side, confused. The sun peaked in through my window. I gestured for Frank to leave my room, and he took the hint, closing the door behind him. I growled quietly as I turned back into a human. After a few minutes, both Mikey and Frank entered my room. I nodded towards them as Mikey came over to undo the chains.

"Y-you're a-"

"Yes, I'm a mon-"

"Dude, you're a werewolf! How cool is that!" I was shocked by Frank's reaction. Mikey removed the last chain and I stretched, then stood, feeling my back pop. Luckily, my transformations weren't so drastic that my clothes get ruined. I wrapped myself in a blanket off my bed as I left my room. I went towards the kitchen and started to make coffee.

"So, like, what's it like? Being a werewolf?" I looked up at Frank after pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"Uh, it's a little weird. Like, I have really good hearing and, like, a really good sense of smell. Even when I'm not in wolf form. And, like, I dunno. It's hard to explain. I just wanna know why you're so chill about this."

"Oh, cause I think werewolves and things like that are, like, the coolest thing ever. I also really like dogs." I laughed for the first time in awhile and Frank smiled back. Then, we all seemed to realize today was a school day. Mikey and I ran back to our rooms and changed, then I remembered that Frank was still here. I came out of my room with my shoes and a bundle of clothes. I threw the clothes at him and told him he could change in the bathroom. He ran down the hall without a second thought. Mikey practically ran out of his room, yelling something about his bass. We were very unorganized as we all ran ran out the door, going back for backpacks. We sprinted to school, passing one of the teachers in the hall. Frank and I said goodbye to Mikey as he turned down a different hallway.