14

We pulled up to the restaurant like 10 minutes later and only had to wait like 2 for Shawn's family. Everyone greeted everyone and we walked in and got seated at our table.

I sat next to shawn and aaliyah was on his other side.  His parents sat across from us.

They had music playing lowly on the speakers and the waiters attended to us quickly. Great service.

"Hello my name is shay i will be your waiter for today, can i start you guys off with some drinks?"

"Can i have a bottle of your guys finest wine, and a bottle of sparkling cider."

"Sure thing, any appetizers?"

"No thank you" karen , Shawn's mom, told the waiter.

Shay then left.

"Hey shawn ima go to the restroom, ill be back" i took off my coat and placed it on the seat.

"Ill go with you" aaliyah said.

I waited while she got up and we walked together in a comfortable silence.

After finishing our business, we washed our hands and she started fixing her hair.

"You know before shawn met you he would always talk about this huge hole inside that not music nor fame or alcohol could fill. It was actually pretty scary when he would talk about it. But a few days ago, maybe like 5 he called me and told me he was full, that that hole was finally filled. I think that was because of you jasmin" Aaliyah said nonchalantly as she finished up, "thanks for that"

I thought about it and actually 5 days ago was the day after the night i told shawn i was pregnant.

"Uhm, no problem" i said not wanting to ruin the surprise.

"Yeah but please tell me you love him too because he loves you too much and it would kill me to see him not full again"

"Ohh trust me aaliyah i would tell you how much i love him but there aren't enough words"

She hugged me and by that time we were at the table.

I sat down thinking, she was so damn smart for a 16 year old.

"Here is your bottle of wine, bottle of cider, and 5 glasses, are you guys ready to order"

"Yeah can i have the Mussolini family package +1" shawn ordered

"What would you like for your sides?"

"May i get mashed potatoes and gravy, and mac and cheese"

"Sure thing, would that be all for right now?"

"Yes, thank you"

Shawn smiled and grabbed my hand which was on the table.

Manny ,Shawn's dad, started asking questions about tour. And Shawn's face lit up.

Karen started pouring the wine after tasting it.

After Manny's, hers, and Shawn's cup she was going to fill mine.

"Ohh-" i stammered about to stop her.

"Wait mom she can't" shawn interrupted.

"What why not? its not like shes pregnant" she chuckled.

"Surprise..?" shawn said more of like a question.

"Ohh.... My god" Aaliyah said completely shocked. She looked at shawn and whispered something. They laughed.

"Shawn are you serious ! Im going to be a grandma?? I haven't prepared for this, well not yet at least" karen said.

"I knew something was up... Italian food is for special information only" manny joked.