Chapter 19

Michael never even told me he'd had sex. Let alone the fact he was gay. Why hadn't he told me? He'd be the first person I'd tell if it were me.

"Michael's not a virgin?" I asked confused. Luke's face was serious. There was no hint of a lie. Until he smirked. "You little shit. I knew Michael would tell me if he lost his V card." Playfully, I hit Luke's arm. This boy could not answer a proper question. 

"The opportunity was there. I had to. I apologise," Luke chuckled. 

"Not getting out of it that easily Hemmings. Spill the God dammed beans," I said slouching my back and turning more towards him. My hands flopped in my lap as I tried my best not to stare at Luke. 

"Fine, fine. As you wish. But I can't say you're still gonna want to even be my friend after you find out," His face dropped slightly. The excitement in his eyes was diminished.  

"Jezz. Luke it's probably not even that bad. You're making it out as if you've murdered someone," I said in a joking tone. Luke's eyes bulged slightly. He hadn't had he? "Michael said to ask you about someone called Alice Parker?" 

 I could see the Adams apple bob in his defined throat as he rubbed his hands together. 

"So. Well it was last year. A year ago last Monday. I should really have been more careful. I was always told to but somehow I just didn't think of..." His brain was working fast than his mouth as he fumbled his words out. Before he could get very far he was cut off by a distant shout outside.

"Hemmings!" The voice echoed around the forest. "Hemmings I know you're in there!" The voice repeated. 

Luke's face turned as white as a sheet. His jaw snapped together as his eyes widened with fear. I could feel he was holding his breath. 

"Shit, shit, shit." Luke muttered. He Looked out of the window into the darkness. "Lea, come with me," springing up from where he sat he held out a hand to me.

"Luke, what the hell?" I asked as he grabbed my hand. My brows were furrowed with confusion. All they did was call his name. However the reaction Luke gave sacred me enough to be concerned. 

"Lea you are not questioning me right now." Luke said forcefully. He practically dragged me across the room. "This is serious. As in serious I mean we have about 30 seconds so if you make even a sound we are both doing to die." I couldn't do anything except nod. 

He pushed a wooden panel on the wall. The panel sunk about an inch into the wall. There was the sound of air being released. The space of wooden panels in front of me opening up. The panels slight perfectly behind the others. A very small cupboard opened up. It would just about fit Luke let alone the two of us together.

He guided me inside before getting in himself. One of his arms wrapped around me, pulling me into his body. The other held onto the back of my chest. I took in his familiar sent as I shut my eyes. The sound of the door shutting closed was the only thing I heard before a crash. It made my ears flinch.

My heart rate was picking up rapidly. For one I was about as close as I could be to Luke without doing the do. Considering my back was up against a wall I couldn't really do anything about that. And secondly I was about 90 percent sure the guy from the forest had entered the house.

"You've hidden from us for far too long Hemmings. We know you're here," A different voice called throughout the house. Yep I was right. They were in the God dammed house. The voice as well as defining screams, crashes and bangs seamed to bounce of every wall, every surface. 

The wooden panelling of the house meant practically everything was audio able. I wished it wasn't as the words chilled me to the bone.

"We’ll find him. He was the one that got Tie handed to the boss. There is no way he's getting away with It." a voice said in a hushed tone. 

"I'mma find him and I'mma kill 'im" a second voice replied. His words hit me like a ton of bricks. Luke's warning before became a survival guide to me. We would defiantly get killed if we were found. It was evident in the voices and conversations being carried out through the house. After all, these were defiantly not the type of people to let you explain before murdering you. 

The footsteps rang in my ears as they made their way throughout the house. Their screamed getting louder and louder.

"You should have really come and fought us Hemmings. Hiding up there was not a clearer idea." A low voice called menacingly up the stairs. His voice had a hit of glory hidden in it, as well as sounding like he smoked 10 packs a day. 

The smells of mud, blood and sweat filled the room instantly. If there was one thing I did now about these terrifying trespassers was that they defiantly needed a shower. 

Heavy boots clattered against the wooden steps as my heart rate exploded. Luke's grip on me tightened slightly. My ears filled with the pumping of blood around my body. 

"You think this is funny, don't you Hemmings? We know you're here we know you're in the house!" The voice rose with anger after every word. The sound of glass shattering made my whole body jump. My breath was hitched in my throat. I pushed my head into Luke’s chest a little harder. "You can't run and hid anymore." The voice circled the room. 

Tensing, I hear a deep breath from directly behind Luke. They knew it, they knew we were here. I prayed we would get out of this alive. 

"Clever hiding spot you've got up here Hemmings. We know you're up here. Just come out and we'll give you a chance. How does six on one sound?" A low cackle arose, filling the air making me wince. 

The agonisingly slow steps of the voice travelled around the room away from the wall. "You better be a man next time we come looking Hemmings. We'll be back. Come on boys."

 The boots stomped against the hardwood floors as the gang of people descended the house. Their angry shrikes carried with them. The echo of their lividly excited behaviour filled the forest as they filtered from the house.  Gun shots followed them through the forest. 

The smell of blood, mud and sweat lingered well after they had left the premises. 

I was so busy concentrating on my breathing I hadn't realised how fast Luke's heart was beating. How was it Luke always managed to avoid questions so well? How had more things happened to me during a couple of day of knowing this boy than from 17 years of my life? What was it about this boy? He made me scared to my sole but ignited with interest. I wanted to know everything about him but at the same time was terrified by the fact. He truly was confusing. 

"They're gone." Luke breathed taking his hand from my head but not my body. 

"You have a lot of explaining to do."