3

Aaliyah - A week later
After looking at apartments all morning I had one last one to look at before I had to go to Ian's house. I walked inside letting the person at the front desk know I was here for a walk through and she smiled shaking my hand.

"It's nice to meet you I'm Amber." She smiled and grabbed a folder.

"It's nice to meet you too." I smiled as we walked to the elevator.

"So right now we have a suite open on the fourth, sixth, and eleventh floor. All of our apartments look the same except some are furnished and that will cost extra." She said as we got off on the fourth floor.

"This suite is furnished, has two bedrooms, one bathroom, a balcony, and the master bedroom has a spacious walk-in closet." She said as we walked through the apartment.

Everything was mostly white which I loved and thought about doing to my next place. The balcony was huge and had privacy screens on each side. The bathrooms and bedrooms were beautiful and the closet was to die for.

"I'll give you time to look around I'll be in the kitchen." She said and I pulled my ringing phone out of my purse.

"Good morning Ian." I said looking through the second room.

"Hey wassup uhh you think you can bring breakfast for us? We had a rough night and we kinda hung over." He asked groaning.

"Yeah I'll be there in a hour." I said.

"Bet I'll pay you back when you get here." He said and hung up.

I walked to the front immensely satisfied with this place but now it was time to talk numbers.

"Okay so what's the damage?" I joked siting across from her.

"Well for this place with all the furniture it will be two thousand one hundred dollars a month with a thousand dollar deposit and, first months rent." She smiled.

"Really? A couple of the places I seen today charged the same or more and they were smaller than this." I smiled.

"Well is that a deal then Ms. Aaliyah?" She smiled.

"I think that is a deal." I smiled and shook her hand.

I filled out papers and paid her the deposit and first months rent and she handed me keys.
•••

I pulled up to Ian's and was impressed he was staying in a home like this. It was so urban and chic and didn't look like something he would live in.

I rung the doorbell and Jordan opened the door with no shirt on and a blunt in his hand. I stared at all his tattoos and even though he was skinny his body was toned.

"Damn shawty you a real one for this." He said snapping me out of my thoughts.

He grabbed the bag and I carried in the drinks following Jordan to Ian's living room.

"That's your car?" Ian asked walking into the living room.

"My rental yes my car isn't here yet." I sipped on my tea.

" Whatchu drive?" Jordan asked.

"A Malibu it's nothing like y'all cars." I laughed.

"So what's your dream car? I bet you'll have it soon with the way Ian paying you." He asked.

"A white BMW sedan with chocolate interior." I said quickly.

"Damn no thought on that I see." He smiled.

"Nope but, I have some news." I smiled expecting them to guess.

They both stared at me waiting. My smile faded and I pulled out the keys to my new apartment.