14

Aaliyah
"Five days until my birthday and three days before we go back home for a little bit." I thought to myself as I looked out of the window.

I was excited to go back home and start spending some of the money I had earned since we've been on tour. The first thing I wanted to do was redesign my apartment and look for a new car. I also wanted to bring my mom to LA for a few days for my birthday because I missed her a lot.

I grabbed my cup off of my nightstand and drunk some of my tea. It was raining where we were which I didn't mind. I loved the rain and I loved how it looked outside when there was a storm. To me I always looked at it as the earth being cleansed so it was my favorite time to meditate.

I sat down and heard my phone vibrate consistently meaning someone was calling me. I stretched across the bed grabbing it and seen Jordan's contact.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey are you busy?" He asked.

"No why?" I said.

"Come hang with me before my show." He said.

"Okay give me some time to get dressed." I said.

"Fasho, meet me in my room." He said and hung up.

I drunk more of my tea and looked for an outfit for the day. Since it was raining this would be a perfect time to wear my new rain boots. I grabbed those and paired a black long sleeve wrap shirt, and some distressed light washed jeans with it. I did some quick makeup and and grabbed my purse and my umbrella.

I walked to Jordan's room and knocked on his door. He came out dressed in designer as usual and smiled at me.

He motioned for me to follow him and we took the elevator downstairs and walked into the parking lot. There was a suv there to pick us up and the driver opened the door for me and then for Jordan.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Shopping and then I was thinking we could get lunch or something? Where ever you wanna go it don't matter." He said.

I smiled and didn't say anything I just looked out of the window.

"So you ready for your birthday?" He smiled.

"Yeah I guess so." I turned towards him.

"Whatchu mean you guess so? You turning twenty that means you're not a teenager no more. You should be excited." He said.

"I am excited but I kinda already celebrated so you know." I said.

He nodded and sipped on his drink he had. It was two styrofoam cups so I knew what he had in there.

"Why do you drink that stuff?" I asked.

"Ion know I mean it make me feel good." He shrugged.

"There's a whole bunch of other things that can make you feel good." I said.

"Yeah I know but now it's kinda an addiction." He said.

"I bet you can name multiple things that make you feel good besides that." I said.

He nodded and put the cup down now. I didn't want to make him feel bad but also it wasn't good for him and I wouldn't want anyone close to me doing anything that could kill them.

"Can I challenge you?" I said.

"What's the challenge?" He said.

"Name as many things as you can that make you feel good besides that. For everything you name that's how many months you have to go without drinking it. In the end I'll reward you if you stay off it for that long." I said.