36

Aaliyah
Our campaign has been out for a few days now and the response we got back was amazing. To know that people enjoyed what they seen and wanted to buy our work made me so happy. It also made me even more excited for our show which was in a couple days. I leave for Paris tonight but thankfully I was able to visit Ian before I left.

I pulled up to the jail and got out taking a few breaths before opening the door. I was greeted by guards and they gave me some papers to fill out. After that I put my keys and cash in a small container and walked through the metal detector. After being patted down I grabbed my belongings and walked with a guard to the visitation area.

I sat down and tapped my fingers on the table while waiting to see Ian. Thankfully this was a contact visitation so I didn't have to see him behind glass. He was brought in with a guard and we made eye contact smiling at each other. He walked over and I stood up giving him a hug.

"So how do I look?" He popped his invisible collar.

"You look good I see you got a little beard and mustache growing too. You look older with facial hair." We both laughed.

"So wassup fill me in on everything." He placed his hands on the table.

"Things could be better but nothing too bad is going on. The campaign came out a few days ago and I leave tonight for the show. Raven and I are keeping up with and handling all of you work very well." I smiled.

"How's mom?" He asked.

"She's good she's coming with me to Paris actually. We both miss you a lot though it feels weird. I just wish you would call me more." I admitted.

"I know and I'm glad that you came to see me but it's hard. I know I let you down and not talking to you makes shit worse but.." He paused.

"But what?" I smiled.

"I love you and I promise when I get out of here that'll be the last time either of y'all will have to worry or anything. I won't be back in here and I put that on mommy." He said.

"I'm glad to hear that because this is going to go by fast. It might not feel like it from the inside or outside but you'll be home before you know it." I said in a comforting tone.

"As long as y'all keep having my back I'll be good."

"And we plan on it." I assured.

"So how are you and bro?" He asked.

"Carti and I?" I asked chuckling.

"Who else would I be talking about?" He smacked his lips.

"Uh we're good but we decided to take a break for a little bit." I looked down at the table.

"A break? A break for what?" He asked with a concerned tone in his voice.

"I have some personal things I need to work on and so does he. If we don't take time for ourselves I feel like our relationship can't work and run correctly."

"So what's the real reason?" He asked cutting to the chase.

"That is the real reason Ian." I laughed.

"Y'all be drooling over each other and y'all just spent almost a whole week in Cancun like it was y'all honeymoon or some shit. What made y'all wanna take this break all of a sudden?"

"He has some career choices to make that might not allow us to be together." I rested my elbows on the table.

"Look I don't know what the fuck y'all got going on out there but I pray to God he don't hurt you."