Chapter 7*edited*

Kira pov 

I awoke in my bedroom and went to the bathroom to do my business and take a shower. After I finished, I went to the cafeteria for breakfast. I ate it very quickly so I could go to the hunter's room. I threw the food in the garbage and ran to Hunter's room. As I opened the door, Dr. Ava and Dr. Stein appeared with a few other females. 

I asked curiously, "What's this all about?"

Well then, our experiment today will explore whether the Hunter's can tell your scent from those of the other females. As a result, we've selected females with similar scents to yours." Ava said cheerfully.

"Wow, that's amazing," I replied sarcastically. 

It's time to begin the test. Now I want all the females to go into that room over there and stand still. Got it." Dr. Stein said.

All of us nodded. All of us went to the room He told us to go into and stood there. The room was large. Five other vents were in front of us. A wall suddenly appeared between us, so we were separated.  I was becoming more anxious. 

"Okay, we are releasing the Hunters. If you feel that you are in danger in any way, press the button next to you. We will try to restrain them." Ava said.

After a few minutes, I began to hear noises coming from the vents. Oh no, this isn't good. What made me agree to this?

Axel pov.

The hunters and I were placed in separate cells. We looked around to see where we were. We didn't want to be away from our mate. Blake spoke at that point.

"Axel, there are these vents. I think we should go inside." 

Aiden asked, "For what reason?"

"I don't know, but we might as well find out," Blake said.

First I went in. I smelt my mate's scent in the air. I am sure she is safe. 

Our mate is at the end of the vents, let's follow her scent," I told my pack.

Xero replied, "But Axel, I smell five other people with the same scent."

He was right, I sniffed the air again. They're trying to trick us. 

I said sternly, "We will split up and whoever sees our Mate will signal us. If you see anyone else, then you should kill them." 

"We got it," they said in unison.

We took a different route. As I sniffed the air, I followed its scent. I continued to go forward. As I got closer to the smell, it became stronger. Finally, I reached the end of the vent. I broke the vent covers. I peeked into the room. I saw a girl, but it wasn't Kira. I gave the girl a low growl. Fear gripped her as she jumped and trembled. Slowly, I crawled out of the vent. I then pounced on the girl and began clawing at her, Killing her off. I hope that the others have found Kira.

Blake pov

I crawled through the vents. I sniffed the air to make sure I was going the right way. Finally, I reached the end and found a vent cover. After kicking it open, I saw Kira. Inside, I was very happy. From the vent, I crawled out. While approaching her, I noticed that she was shaking in fear. As a result, I made a low purr noise, saying that I did not want to hurt her. She had stopped shaking and was looking at me. 

Slowly, I crawled towards her. It was important not to startle her. I sat down as soon as I was a few feet away from her. Both she and I tilted our heads to the side as we looked at each other. The others were still in the vents, I realized. Turning around, I went to the vent.

"Hey, everyone, I found our mate. She is safe and sound." I yelled in there. 

After a few minutes, I heard some rattling, and I knew it was the other. The others rushed into the room very quickly after I moved away from the vent.  

"Don't go towards her so quickly, she's still wary of us," I said to the rest.

Axel patted my shoulder and nodded as he approached me.

Kira pov

All the hunters surrounded me. I was about to pee myself. They sounded like they were talking to themselves. Seeing as it was all growling and snarling, I couldn't really understand it.  I was so caught up in what they were saying that I didn't notice Crow was next to me until he began nuzzling his face against my leg. He purred like a cat. The sudden action made me jump, but then I calmed down knowing that he wouldn't hurt me. 

In a short time, Crow got up and wrapped his arms around me. Then he laid me on the ground and put his head on my shoulder. A small smile appeared on my face. When I looked up, I saw that the other hunters were no longer talking. Their glares were aimed at Crow. Xero crawled over to me and laid his head on my lap, then he grabbed one of my hands and placed it on his head. He wanted me to pet him. As I petted him, he slowly started to relax. Blake and Aiden also laid next to me.

All of them seemed at ease. Then I saw Axel. I stared at him as he crawled towards me, and he stared back at me. Due to his hood, I couldn't see his eyes in the staring eye contest. Ava spoke over the intercom.

Ava asked, "Kira, how are you doing since you are being surrounded by hunters.".

I told her, "Um yeah, I'm fine. They're very calm.".

I'm going to take a lunch break, do you want anything?"

It was an unpleasant situation: I didn't want to be stuck with the hunters. "What?! Don't leave me! Ava!" I begged. Even though I like them, I am not sure what they would do if we were completely alone.

"I'm sorry, Kira, but I'm hungry. I'll talk to you later. Be safe and use protection. Don't want to see any baby hunter puppies." She said cheerfully. As she said that, I blushed.

The intercom was turned off. The hunter had an evil glint in their eyes, as I could see. Oh no, I'm screwed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sorry it's been a while since I updated. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you want you guys can send me ideas for the next chapters.