chapter 9*edited*

Kira pov dream/flashback

For the night, my parents and I were wandering around looking for food and shelter. I could hear the infected growling and snarling as the sunset.

"Mom, there is a house up ahead. Why don't we spend the night there?" I suggested.

I saw her smile as she looked at me.

"Okay." she agreed

My dad said, "I'll go in first to check if it's secured.".

My mother and I both nodded. As soon as we arrived at the house, we ran up. My mom had her ax, and I grabbed my two pistols. He opened the door, turned on the flashlight, and went inside. The house wasn't very big, so it wouldn't take a lot of time to check if it was safe. From inside, I heard a few gunshots. After a few minutes, we heard a whistle from inside. I closed the door behind me as we went inside. 

She went to the kitchen to see if there was any food. The furniture in the living room was moved to the window. After setting my bag down on the ground, I sat down on the floor. I sat a few feet away from my dad as he entered the living room. 

I asked him, "Dad, will the world go back to the way it used to be?".

"I don't know sweetie, but for now we need to worry about surviving and getting away from the city." 

"Guys, I found some food." My mom said cheerfully.

My mother entered the room with some food and water. Then she set it down on the floor. Each of us received a serving from her. Then she served herself. Both my parents and I put our hands together.

 Both my parents and I put our hands together

"Itadakimasu!" we said in a unison.

We all started to eat our meal.

~~~time skip.~~~

We all finished our meal.

"Thank you for the food," I said 

After picking up my plate and going to the kitchen, I set it down in the sink. 

My mom said, "There's still food. We'll take some with us tomorrow when we leave.". 

I saw my father nod. Back in the living room, I sat down. My mom was setting the bed for my father and me. My father checked to see if we needed any other supplies. As my father, I fetched my bag. 

"Kira, we need to talk to you about something important. Please stop what you are doing," my mother said with a kind voice.

My father sat down next to her and I looked at their faces as I looked over my shoulder. Their faces were serious. Turning around, I sat down facing them.

"What do you want to talk about Mom and Dad?" I asked. 

"You already know that this place is no longer safe and that we might be the only people alive in this world." My dad told me.