Chapter 2

John awoken with his body aching and burning like hell. He stood up and endured the pain running through his body. He walked into the bathroom and washed his face, sighing at the cold sensation cooling down his burning face.

    John doesn't bother to look into the mirror, already having i-need-to-get-myself-cleaned-up in his mind.

    He does his morning routine that takes forever to do and took some clothes, putting it on, without realizing he didn't have any clothes on, and walks down the stairs and into the living room, where his dad was watching TV.

   "Hey dad." He yawned and sat next to him, looking at the TV. "Whatcha watching?"

    "It's just the news about some killer on the loose near our area." The father calmly replied. John flipped his head towards his dad.

   "Killer?! Why are you acting so calm?!" He points a hand at the TV, "There's a killer at our area! Is that something we shouldn't be worrying about?!"

   His father looked at him. "John, you're a strong boy and yet you're still scared. And besides, they're not at our area, they're near it."

   That calmed John down a little, but he still felt worried. "But what about you?" He asks.

   His father chuckled. "I'm already old and wrinkly. I don't expect to live much longer." He smiles, making John feel a bit dumb for panicking.

     "John, make sure you patrol the house. Don't go to work today." He says and stands up slowly. "I'm gonna take a trip to the store." He says and grabs his car keys.

   "Wait- then why are you going? At least let me go with you." John insisted, immediately getting an answer.

  "No John, I'll be fine. I don't want you to get hurt though." The father gave him a smile that John couldn't resist.

        "Alright.." John agrees and dropped down on the couch.

    His dad patted the boys head and walked out. "I'll be back by 3 p.m. sharp, I'll give you a call later on." He put up a phone signal in his hands and smiled again, walking out and closing the door.

   John glanced at the time. The clock said 11:44... so about 3 hours and 16 minutes until 3 p.m.

   Now what to do.... Oh, yeah. He goes onto his phone and clicked the number that had "Seraphina".

        The other end immediately answered. "John?" A female voice answered from the other end.

        "Yeah I'm here, wanna play some Angry Pigs or something?" He asks.

        "Will you finally use glass instead of wood this time?" She questions.

   "bUt i dOnT uNdErstAnd! gLaSs iS wEakEr tHaN wOoD aNd bReaKs mOrE eAsiLy!" He protests making Sera laugh.

    "John, it's the way of the game! Just roll with it!" She laughs again.

   "Fine I'll use it." He agrees, glumly. "It's not understandable though..."

    "aLRIGHT LET'S PLAY NOW!" She yelled into the phone to escape the protest stirring in Johns brain.