Chapter 17 1/2-2/2

I can't believe that I actually got more than 1000 views for my fanfic- thanks so much ;-;

    It's been a while since Arlo talked to John. The dark haired male usually had to start the conversation.

   The only time Arlo will talk to him is when he needed anything. The black haired male studied Arlo intently, trying to see why he was do distant.

   Arlo glanced at him. ".....what..?" He asks. John just looks away and pretends like he wasn't looking.

     Oddly disappointed, he sighed and stared out the window. Why is he ignoring me? What did I do?

     John silently watched the birds land on and fly off the healthy looking tree, silently smiling to its tweeting. Suddenly, he heard a bang echo inside his head, and his vision shifted to something else.

     Everything felt like it was burning, because it was. All around him, fire roared and reached towards him, but he just kept backing away.

   He heard himself keep screaming in between his sobs and coughs from the fire licking at his feet. He looked behind him and saw the tree set alight too.

    "John!"

    He faintly heard, he looked around to see if anyone was calling for him in the fiery background. Nothing.

   "John!"

    The voice became a tad bit more clear, but he still was confused and still terrified of where it was coming from.

    "John!"

     "John!"

    "John!"

       The dark haired male woke up to feel his body getting shook, as if trying to wake him up and probably from the..... dream, flashback, vision?

    "John? Are you okay?" Arlo asked, still gripping tightly on Johns shoulders. He was sure that it could've been bruised but John was too terrified, shocked, and exhausted to even care.

   "I- y-" None of his words came out as he took loud breathes. Arlo loosened his grip on his shoulders, seeming like he noticed how hard he was gripping.

   "Are you okay? You fell on the ground quite hard." Arlo asked again. John looks at him and nods, trying his best not to pass out again.

    Arlo felt Johns forehead and the dark haired man winced back pulling his body away. "You're burning hot- what happened?" He asks, noticing John pulling away.

    John whimpers when he tried to push himself towards the wall. He glanced at his ankle and noticed burn like marks. What-?

    And Arlo noticed too. He looked at his ankle and touched it gently, examining it. John bit his bottom lip from the strong shock of pain.

    Arlo looked at him and stood up, getting a medical kit and coming back. He took out a white packet and opened it, pouring out some clear liquid.

    John stared at it. "What is... that?" He asks cautiously. Arlo looks at him and continues to rub it.

    "It's some cooling gel, my dad used thus whenever I got a burn or something." He says, putting it on Johns ankle.

   "Why can't you use a tonic?" He asks. Arlo stops and glances up at him.

    "I personally don't like them." He says, John wincing as the burning sensation still was there but kind of faint.

   "Do you know what it is made up of?" He asks another question, a bit oblivious if it will annoy the blonde.

    But Arlo didn't seem to mind. "I.... don't know." He says almost like it was hesitant. John didn't want to push it.

    Arlo looks at John and cleared his throat. "John."

     "Hm?"

     "Where did you get these wounds?"

        ●●●●Chapter 17 2/3●●●●

       John looks at his wounds as Arlo asked that question. Where did he get it?

     "I don't know... But-"

    "It's fine you don't have to tell more." Arlo says, getting up.

    "Wait- I had... something like a flashback.. or dream.." john says, grabbing his wrist. Arlo turns around.

    "Then tell me." He answers, crouching down again. "What happens in your.... 'dream'."

    John let's go of his wrist and looks down again, trying to remember every detail. "I saw... fire.. everything was burning. My whole body felt so numb, I couldn't even control myself.. my body. It was like a flashback but I didn't even experience anything." He had to stop a few times to contain his voice, feeling fear build up again.

     Arlo didn't know why but he decided to hug John, tightly. He rested his head on the others, comfortingly. He strokes the others head softly as John trembled in his arms.

     Soon after, John stopped shaking and calmed down. Arlo glanced at Johns face. "A-arlo... please don't let go..."

      Arlo sighed and held the smaller body tighter. I wont... don't worry...

      John breathe was shaky and he held tightly onto Arlos shirt, pictures and pictures and pictures of it, playing over and over.

    "Please..." John voice came out soft as ever, as if he was on the verge of crying. Arlo watches as the black haired male close his eyes.

     I'll have to wait a little longer to ask him... I guess...

-

      John suddenly sat up, gasping for air. He looked around and stood up, realizing he was in a very shallow water. He kept breathing hard, but walked throguh the water.

   "Arlo?" His voice echoed throughout the dark void-like room?

   "Arlo?" He shouted louder.

   "Arlo!?" The dark haired male looked around, breathing hard. He let go...

     John continued to look around. "You let go..." He says, his voice cracking.