Chapter 14

John woke up to feel a pair of arms wrapped a bit tightly around him, like a mother holding her child.

    When he opened his eyes he noticed that it was Arlos, his peaceful, sleeping face made John mesmerized.

    He then looked away and stared at the clock on the bedside table, seeing it was 3:48 p.m. Instead of trying to get out of Arlos grasp, he stayed. It was oddly comfortable and John, honestly, was kind of tired to even move, since it was so warm.

   As time went on, he felt the other start to move. John quickly closed his eyes and pretended to still be asleep.

-

    Arlo awoken, held spinning. He opened his eyes to see John, pretending to be asleep. "You can open your eyes." He says, more softly than ever.

    John opened his eyes awkwardly. "Good morning?" He chuckled nervously.

   Arlo chuckles, silently, too. He then realized he had his arms still around the smaller one. He then pulls away. "Uh- Let's get some food I guess.." he says and stood up, walking our of the room to leave John sitting there.

    He too then stood up after a few moments and walked out the door. He hadn't had much time to explore and study the big, wide, and open house, but by the looks of it, it already amazed the black haired male.

    He walked down the polished, wooden floors and looked at all the portraits. Interested, John looked at all the portraits hanging on the walls. Cats, dogs, beaches, forest, and other pictures full of emotions.

    Then he stopped walking, staring at the end of all the pictures. Was that Arlo? And his mother? The women looked so happy, and hugged the little blonde boy tightly, as if scared that he might and will disappear. As if she didn't want to let go.

    John, trapped, walks slowly over to the picture with the brown haired women and blonde haired boy. He looked so happy yet sad in her arms. The women seemed to have the exact same emotion on her face.

    John silently examined the picture. The women was quite young, no wrinkles, and no white hairs. She seemed to be in her early 20s, around 24 years old.

   He then looked at the little boy. He had the same piercing blue eyes as Arlo, and the same blonde hair. The scene was or seemed to be in a meadow. Everything was so peaceful and looked rich with nutrients.

   He suddenly felt a voice against his ear and gasped, realizing it was Arlo. He then was pushed away and put on the couch. "What are you doing?" The voice commanded for an answer.

   "I-i-" He got cut off by a hand on his mouth.

    "Do not ask any questions about that portrait on the wall... got that?" He says in Johns ear, his hand still covering Johns mouth.

   John nodded slightly and Arlos hand was removed and John looked down at the ground.

   Arlo sighed and looked out the the window, not wanting to face John any longer. And also regretting putting that portrait on the wall if he knew he will bring John into his house.

  "Arlo." John says, more confidently than he intended.

"Let me go there.."