Chapter 12

John stared in disbelief as the familiar looking women stood in front of him. "I- I thought you were-"

   "You can't always trust rumors.." she says softly, putting her arms out. But something didn't feel right about this. Wad it because she was away for too long?

   John stepped forward once, but hesitated. It doesn't feel real.. he saw his mother's lifeless body years ago... it cannot be true.

    Instead of arguing, he ran into his mother's arms intentionally. "I missed you.." he lets out. All these years she's been gone, and haven't even tried to come back. Why?

    His mom embraced him with a warm hug, as her small arms wrapped around him, embracing him with a scent of flowers and cookies.

    "I've missed you too..." she says softly once more. She then pulls away. "I've have lots to tell and ask you. How has your father been doing? How have you been doing? Are you dating yet?" She ranted. John looked at her with a shocked expression.

    "'Dating'? What are you-"

    "I've not gonna let my son die without a person." She protested. John chuckles. She's always been a child like that. Something was off though, about the way she said it.

    She then grabbed both his hands. "Come. I need to show you something." She dragged him up the stairs and into the room he didn't quite get to explore to yet. Or even seen?

   She then opened the door and pulled him inside into the pitch black room. "Mom-" the door slammed. And his mother was nowhere to be found.

   "Mom?!" He yelled, as whispers started to grow up around him. He fell to his knees as the whispers grew louder.

Weak..

Selfish...

Rude...

Unforgivable...

Monster...

      "I'm no monster." He blurted to nothing. The room was silent for a moment, until the whispers came back.

   John covered his ears, trying to block out the voices. But the more he tried not to listen, the more it grew louder and stuck in his brain.

Snap.

===

     Arlo cradled him in his arms, not knowing what else to do. What happened? How did John get hurt? And who dared to hurt him?

    The blond looked down at the black haired male who looked troubled and in pain, but peaceful and calm. Arlo bit his lip and looked around. He could get the medical kit and treat John to his wounds, but he didn't want to move from that position. It felt to pleasurable to the blonde.

    Arlo heard Johns soft breathes come out of his nose. The bruises and scratches on his face made just made Arlo want him more.

But it was too early...

Or is it too late?