-𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄-

march twenty fifth, 2012shield helicarrier

shield helicarrier

"As soon as Loki took the doctor, we moved Jane Foster. They got an excellent observatory in Tromso. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday." Coulson said, he and Thor looking at Jane's file. "Handsome fee; private plane; very remote. She'll be safe."

"Thank you. It's no accident: Loki taking Erik Selvig. I dread what he plans for him once he's done." Thor said, Coulson looking at him. "Erik is a good man."

Coulson stood, Thor noticing the motion in the corner of his eye. "He talks about you a lot. You changed his life. You changed everything around here."

Thor gave Coulson a small smile as they walked around the bridge. "They were better as they were. We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we come here battling like bilge snipe."

"—like what?"

"Bilge snipe: huge, scaly, big antlers." Thor said, doing an antler motion with his hands. "You don't have those?"

"I don't think so."

"Well, they are repulsive and they trample everything in their path." Thor said before he walked over to the window, looking out of it. "When I first came to earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price. Now again. In my youth, I courted war."

"War hasn't started yet." Fury said, standing on the top of the stairs. "You think you could make Loki tell us where the Tesseract is?"

"I do not know. Loki's mind is far afield. It's not just power he craves; it's vengeance upon me." Thor said, glancing at Fury. "There's no pain would pride his need from him."

"A lot of guys think that until the pain starts." Fury said, walking down the steps.

"What are you asking me to do?"

"I'm asking: what are you prepared to do?"

"Loki is a prisoner." Thor reminded.

"Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat who wants to be here?" Fury asked, Thor sending him a quizzical look.

"Send Stark. She's the only person who could come close to understanding him." Thor said, Coulson and Fury sharing a confused look.

"How's that?"

"Older brother who is handed the keys of the kingdom? Younger sibling who is underestimated? Brooklyn and Anthony do not fight like Loki and I, but they're similar."