Chapter 3: Jacob

It had been a week since I awoke from the coma, I'd done some rehab at the hospital. The doctor said I'd progressed quicker than expected and that I could go home. It was a little nostalgic, going up the driveway to my house.

It was a ten-acre property, it was fairly flat, but the ground rolled up into a hill in the corner. There were a few trees growing around the place, but it was otherwise sparse. It was home.

I couldn't help but sigh happily, mum pulled up outside the door, I got out of the car and stumbled but stayed standing.

"Home sweet home."

My mum unlocked the door and I went in, everything was the same. I walked down the entryway into the living and dining room, there was the table, couches, kitchen and a fireplace in the corner. Mum walked in behind me carrying a bag of things from the hospital. She handed them to me.

"Here you go, take these to your room and relax for a while, I'll start dinner."

"Okay, thanks."

I flicked the light switch on, my room was the same as well, the bed was made with crinkled sheets, the desk was a mess and in the corner was a beanbag next to a bookshelf. The beanbag had a pile of books and blankets on top of it.

I sat at my desk and brushed a layer of dust from it, I reached into the top draw, pulled out a journal and pencil and started writing everything that had happened in the Pokémon world.

"Dinner!" Came my mother's call shortly later. I had long since dropped the pencil, tears ran down my face and I looked at the page in front of me.

'I'd been at Alcarmia castle when I encountered Archie again, he revealed the powers of the Shadow Shard and used them on me. Then he looked to Pixie and...'

And what? The Shadow Shard, I'd been helpless against it, it was a rock and there had been nothing I could do. He made me do it, but what if I had really killed her? Would I have been able to get home without her?

I looked out the window at the night sky.

A small pink star winked at me and in that moment, I was certain. They weren't a dream, they were my most cherished memory.

"Damn I miss you guys."

I wiped the tears from my eyes and went for dinner.