Chapter 20: Pixie

I yawned loudly, I lay on Jacob's chest as he sat leaning on the couch's armrest, he was still asleep. I laughed, he looked stupid when he was sleeping but he looked peaceful as well. I checked the clock, I had learned to read it and I knew it said that it was around nine-thirty.

Jacob's mother would've already left for work by this time, I guess he's home with me today, score. I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes ready to go back to sleep.

There was a knock at the door.

Damn it, are you kidding me?

"Go away." I barked.

*Silence*

*Knock Knock Knock*

Jacob woke up, he sat up slowly, I rolled down his chest and into his lap, he rubbed his eyes and yawned before looking around the room.

"What?" He asked dumbly.

*Knock Knock Knock*

Jacob groaned and pulled himself from the couch and walked to the front door. I placed my two front paws on the armrest and looked over the couch. Jacob opened the door and standing there was Tim.

Hang on, I never got to thank Tim for taking me to Jacob. I barked happily and ran forward and jumped into his arms. Tim caught me awkwardly and gave me strange and confused look. He looked at Jacob, raised eyebrows asking the unspoken question.

"Yeah, some old lady came by last night, she found Pixie and brought her here, it was lucky I forgot to take the collar off."

Tim threw his head back and laughed loudly, he shook his head and handed Pixie back to Jacob then he placed a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"I'm happy for you, now I need to ask you a favour, don't lose her and don't kick her out again, that was ridiculous and kinda frustrating."

"Right, yeah sorry about that, I'll be okay now."

Tim waved off the comment, "Don't worry, I'll catch you later okay?"

"Okay thanks."

"Oh, and probably call Rosie, I know she was worried, just let her know you're okay."

Jacob nodded, and Tim smiled at him before getting into his car and driving off. Jacob carried me back inside, we ate some breakfast and then I followed Jacob into his room. He opened the blinds and let the light in, he picked me up and placed me on the desk, he sat in his chair and looked me in the eye, he seemed very serious, he breathed deeply and said:

"I know it's you Pixie."

I froze.

"I don't know how you did it, but you followed me here from the Pokémon world, didn't you?"

Busted. I looked at the ground.

"Pixie."

I didn't move.

"Pixie look at me."

I looked him in the eye.

"Pixie, if it's really you, lie on your back."

I lay down and rolled over onto my back.

Jacob's eyes lit up, he picked me up, hugged me tight and whispered.

"I missed you so much."

I snuggled into his neck and yipped quietly.

Eventually he placed me back on the desk and said with a broad smile, "To think that all this time, it was you."

Jacob blushed violently when he remembered a certain wardrobe malfunction involving a towel. He looked away until he regained his composure. Then he remembered something that had happened more recently.

"Wait a second... You bit me! Why?"

Jacob had a photo frame resting on his desk, inside was a picture of him, Rosie and Tim. I walked towards it and growled at the girl.

Everything clicked.

Jacob smiled and poked me in the side.

"Oh, Pixie, were you jealous?"

I growled and scratched at his hand.

"You dick! You kissed her! You said you loved me then you kissed her!" My rant continued but all Jacob heard was mad barking.

He held his hands up in innocence and tried to calm me down, it didn't work.

"Woah, woah, Pix, come on, I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry!"

I kept barking, he grabbed me and held my mouth closed, I squirmed and struggled against him.

"Pixie, chill out, I don't like her, and she doesn't like me, she likes Tim and Tim likes her."

I stopped struggling, my opinion of Rosie instantly skyrocketed, if Tim liked her she couldn't be that bad and now that we weren't competing I was more than happy to give her a little help.

Jacob let me go and laughed, we spent the rest of the day just mucking around and being silly until it got to the afternoon and Jacob still hadn't called Rosie.

He sighed and stopped playing with me for a moment, "Hang on a sec Pix, I have to call Rosie to let her know you're okay, we all went looking for you last night and she was worried when we couldn't find you."

I drank some water while Jacob called Rosie, when she picked up she wasn't happy, actually quite the opposite, she was freaking mad.

"About damn time!" She shouted.

Jacob laughed nervously, "Hey, Rosie..."

"Don't you 'Hey Rosie' me! I call Tim to see what time he's coming around and he says that some lady found Pixie and returned her to you and that he is at the campsite and just finished packing up everything by himself!"

"Oh."