Chapter 4:

It had been a week since she first spotted the pink star. Pixie had been following it in the night and sleeping throughout the day. She had long since left behind the town where she had awoken.

This world was strange she thought, she had learned the creatures who weren't humans were called animals and some looked a lot like Pokémon. People built large houses in small clusters and left other spaces for the animals.

She was approaching a town now from the looks of things, there were houses around, and she was closer to the star, maybe this was Jacob's town?

She stood atop a hill, there was a house nearby, it sat on a rural property and down the hill she could see the centre of the town where it turned from a rural community to an urban city.

Little did she know the land upon which she stood belonged to an old and cranky farmer. He had to protect his chickens from the fox. He pulled a pump-action shrapnel shotgun from a gun cabinet and levelled it at the cub.

The fox stood atop a hill about 35 meters away. That was pushing it, it wasn't an easy, but he was a good shot back in the day, he had a sharp eye and the shrapnel should be able to hit his target.

He levelled the gun at the cub, he breathed deeply, a drop of rain fell into his eye, he raised a hand to wipe away the water and accidentally pulled the trigger. The shot went wide, the shrapnel blasted outwards and he heard the fox yelp. It fell down the hill and Pixie rolled all the way to the bottom.

She was lying collapsed in the middle of the road, a car was coming. She jumped and ran into the city, adrenaline and fear were the only things keeping her going. The rain was coming down hard and making the concrete slippery, Pixie slipped in a puddle and lay still in an alley way.

There was a sharp pain in her back leg, blood leaked from the wound and mixed with the water. She was surrounded by high grey buildings, she was very lost now and sore and far from home.

Pixie's breathing became heavy, her eyes fluttered and closed.