Chapter 17- " Change "

"Let's welcome Miss Elizaria Cruzaldez, one of the prodigy in the architectural field!", malakas na palakpak ang narinig ko. This conference is way bigger than usual. I picked up the mic.

"Hello everyone, I know you're looking forward to the results of the big renovation. I'll answer your questions if I can", sabi ko at ngumiti.

Flashes of camera are everywhere.

"Ms. Eli, ano pong plano niyo sa world's top hotel renovation?", tanong ng isang reporter.

"The design would be more high class now compared before and the owner wants it to be classic yet not too extravagant where the customers can feel comfortable and relaxed", paliwanag ko.

"Miss Eli! Miss Eli! How much are you earning from this project?", isang maliit na reporter naman ang nagtanong.

"I'm sorry, I can't tell that yet. The employer should be the one to properly ask. I'm just an architect they hired", saad ko at ngumiti sa kaniya.

Nakita kong namangha sila sa sinabi ko.

"You're not just an architect Miss Eli! You're a high class and a prodigy!", puri ng isang guest.

I can't deny that fact. Pinasalamatan ko siya sa papuri niya.

The conference lasted for 15 minutes.

"Water", utos ko sa assisstant ko. Inabot niya naman sa'kin ang bottled water.

"Ma'am the next appointment would be with Sir Alcantara. He would be getting the final design of the mansion", sabi ng secretary ko.

"Okay, let's go", I said. My 4 inched high heels echoed in the smooth-floored hallway. The white cardigan I've been wearing was gracefully hunged on my shoulders. Sinuot ko ang wayfarers ko nang makalabas na kami. Kahit dito ay marami pa ring mga reporters. Agad namang hinarangan sila ng mga bodyguards so I reached the car easily.

Nang makarating na kami sa restaurant ay binati agad kami ng mga staff. They know me very well because of course this place is one of my masterpiece.

"Good afternoon, madame Eli", bati nila sa akin. Nagpatuloy na ako sa paglalakad papunta sa VIP room.

A round table with a golden cover skirted by red fabrics could be found at the center of the room. Nakita ko doon ang medyo hindi katandaang lalaki.

"Eli! It's nice to meet you again", salubong niya sa akin at inabot ang kamay niya. Tinanggap ko naman ito.

"My pleasure Mr. Alcantara", I formally said at naupo na.

"So let's get straight to the point", matalim kong sabi. Naramdaman ko namang naging tensiyando si Mr. Alcantara sa biglang pagbabago ng ugali ko. I don't like dilly dallying.

I crossed my arms. "Ailah, give Mr. Alcantara the design so that he could tell me his insights on it", malamig kong sabi.

Agad namang binigay ng secretary ko ang Papel na naglalaman ng design ng mansiyon. Nang tingnan ito ni Mr. Alcantara ay halatang namangha ito.

"This is amazing", he exclaimed. That was expected since that's my work. Hindi naman sa pagmamalaki pero I graduated as the top in this field and later on I was discovered because of my genuine potential. Later on, I built my own company which was the Elizaria Cruzaldez Atchitectural Company commonly known as the ECAC. It's a sole proprietorship.

"If you have nothing to say anymore, I shall take my leave", sabi ko. Tumayo na ako at for the last time ay nagpaalam na. Umalis na ako para bumalik sa company. We will be having a board meeting right now.

"Ma'am, the board members have gathered", sabi ni Ailah.

"That's good", saad ko.

I stared at the busy streets in  New York. Skyscrapers can be seen in every streets. I spent my four years in this city. This is where I started from scratch and eventually became triumphant. Hindi madali ang pinagdaanan ko pero sa huli ay naging matagumpay pa rin ako.

Pagkarating ko sa conference room ay nandoon na nga sila except sa isang tao. Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Where's the Sylvesters?", tanong ko kay Ailah. Akala ko ba andito na lahat.

"They said that they were on a vacation so she couldn't-", I didn't let her finish.

They think that I will let them go? Such a senseless excuse! They are shameful! Stephanie's here who is the mom of Kylie and even though they are related but she's representing the CEI and her daughter which should be representing the Sylvester family was not here. Are they underestimating me? They've just opened a path for me for my retribution.

Those two are so vicious!

"Tell the Sylvesters that they are removed from the ECAC, we don't need people who're irresponsible", utos ko kay Ailah. Umalis naman siya agad para gawin ang utos ko.

Brix Sylvester married Kylie, my past stepsister and now they are removed as stockholders. Stephanie, my past step mom, which currently handles papa's company was one of the board members. Why was she here? Of course para matupad ang paghihiganti ko. She made my mom suffer so much. I was so stupid and naive before that I didn't even noticed her.

"Elize, you can't do that!", pagtanggi ni Stephanie sa desisyon ko. Ang kapal ng mukha ng babaeng 'to!

"Mrs. Cruzaldez", tawag ko sa kaniya. Hanggang ngayon ay dala-dala niya pa ang apelyido ni papa na kung saan ay sobrang nakakabanas.

"You made two mistakes right now, are you ready to leave?", malamig kong sabi. Nakita kong kinabahan siya pero nagtatapang-tapangan pa rin.

"I didn't do anything wrong so you can't make me leave!", bulalas niya. Akala niya ba papaapi pa rin ako sa kaniya? In her wildest dreams! Kung puwede lang pagsasaksakin ko siya ng ilang beses at pagtatadtarin! But that would be so bloody and I would dirty my hands. She's not worth it.

Tumahimik ang iba pang naririto. I can say that they are scared for Stephanie. They know how cruel, strict and poisonous I am when it comes to these matters. They don't dare to speak against me except this bitch.

"First, you didn't address me correctly, you're not fit to call me by my name only", sambit ko. Nanginginig na ang balikat niya ngayon sa inis. Bago pa siya makapagsalita ay sinundan ko agad ang sinabi ko.

"Second,  I have the full rights to remove unnecessary people in my company", sabi ko. Magsasalita sana siya kaso pinigilan siya ng secretary niya. Mabuti naman at matalino ang sekretarya niya kundi ay kinaladkad na sila palabas. Nagsisimula pa lamang ako Stephanie.

So many things happened these past four years...

Things have changed...

I have changed... I am not the stupid and the naive woman before. I have grown up into a sophisticated, wise and a successful woman and...

Revenge is a must for the people who deserve it...