Can I Get Your Autograph?

Hester and Anadil didn't seem to notice all of the women staring at them.

Dot, however, did.

She frowned in confusion as one girl grabbed onto another's hand and pointed excitedly at the three of them.

The two whispered for a few minutes and Dot honestly forgot they were they.

The coven entered a small diner, but the two women came in just a couple of minutes after they had sat down, catching Dot's attention.

She watched them warily, wondering if they could be here to attack.

Suddenly, the two girls walked up to their table and smiled nervously.

"Umm... can we get your autographs?" the first asked, pulling out a pen and paper.

The other was bouncing on her heels and squeezing the hand of her friend.

Hester and Anadil frowned in confusion and suspicion.

"What for?" Hester asked with narrowed eyes.

The girls looked at each other and one giggled while the other smiled broadly.

"They're just like in the books!" one whispered.

"I know!"

Hester and Anadil glared at them with identical expressions.

"Because you're our favorite characters in The Tale of Agatha and Sophie!" answered the second one belatedly.

Hester and Anadil exchanged a look, but Dot knew they'd had a whole conversation in the space of a second.

They were really good at that.

"Fine," Hester said grouching.

The two of them scrawled their names onto the paper in their messy handwriting side by side.

Dot felt a bit left out and frowned.

One of the girls turned to her and grinned.

"How could we forget the greatest wingman in history?" the girl asked excitedly, holding the paper out for her.

Dot excitedly accepted and wrote her name out on it with a grin.

The two girls told then once more how much they loved them in the books before leaving.

"What did they mean by 'wingman'?" Dot asked, confused.

Hester grunted as she ate.

"Who knows? Those two were insane."

Anadil nodded her agreement.

~

But those two were not the only ones to come and excitedly ask for autographs.

There was another pair of girls after them.

And after that...

Well, that woman seemed a bit more... excited to meet them.

She only asked for Hester's autograph, actually.

"You were always my favorite," she said with a devious smirk.

Hester gave her a very confused look and leaned back in her seat as the woman continued to smirk.

The woman leaned forward and Hester seemed too confused to do anything for a moment.

"You were always out of Anadil's league anyways," she whispered.

That snapped Hester out of it and she shoved the girl backward, growling.