12) Pride Moment

She closed the note in a huff. You have no brain. What your friends ask you to participate? You shouldn't have agreed to it. You can't even write speech. You are going to be the SPL....No naina no. You should not discourage yourself. Your friends have more trust in you. At least for them you should win. Can we search in google? No we should write in our own. At least we can see tips. What if others also search in google? Everything will be same. We should write in our own.

She opened the note, took the pen in her hand. She was about to write but has no idea what to write. She beat herself saying "Concentrate naina, concentrate." She looked at the page. The page contains only the heading 'Speech'. After that nothing.

"I don't want to participate." whined naina. She was sitting there feeling defeated. She looked at the sleeping figure. She is sleeping peacefully. See me. Her thoughts were broke by the phone ring.

"Hello." she said with no mood.

"Have you finished your speech?"

"No."

"Day after tomorrow you need to tell the speech. Still you hadn't finished it."

"First did you finished the speech?"

"No."

"Then why are you disturbing me. Cut the call." She cut the call and started writing something.

At the other side, he too writes something.

♡●♡●♡

She was listening half-heartedly to preeti's words. Every now and then she was looking at the door with the hope he would come soon. He entered the class with full swag as usual. But one thing was different. He was carrying a notebook in his hand. Naina frowned as he came near her.

"Why are you late?"

"I was trying to help you."

"What?"

"Yes, see this note. It contains your speech for election."

"Aww...thank you so much"

"No need of thank you"

"I too have something for you". She too took a notebook from her bag.
"This is for you"

"We both always think same na. You writes speech for me. I writes speech for you."

He looked deep in her eyes. She was lost in his eyes. But still she didn't get the answer for the question, IS HE THE ONE? Every girl has some expectations for that special one. But she didn't expect anything rather than a TRUE LOVE. Till now she was confused that Is her decision is right? She was too young to decide her future. She let time to decide.

"Are you guys finished of your romance?" teased preeti taking two pebbles out of their eye romance.

"Naina have you prepared for your speech."

"Yes swati. But not by me. By sameer."

"Oho..." her doraemon teased her. While she just looked down blushing.

♡●♡●♡

He was standing in the crowd waiting for that one person to come. But except her everyone came - principal, teacher, other participants. He restlessly leaned over the wall. His thoughts were broken by that magical voice. He turned to the stage to see that beautiful creature talking the words written by him.

From the time she entered the stage, she was searching for him. But he was nowhere. She expected him to stand in the front. Finally she found him standing in a corner lost in thoughts without even noticing her coming. She started her speech.

The world was blurred for him. He could only see her speaking.

There she was talking seeing him which gave her confidence. Even she didn't know when the speech ends. Reality hits her with the huge round of applause. Naina smiled and left the stage. She wasn't allowed to go anywhere as voting took place.

Sameer was waiting outside curiously to know who is the winner.

".....and the SPL is...actually there is two participants who got equal votes. So we decided to keep a sports competition as the SPL should excel in everything. The participants are..." Everyone peeked curiously.
"Dulari and Naina"

Naina was happy as she got a chance to back off dualri. She accepted it as a challenge. She was confident that dualri was always a 0 in sports and never care of health.

All was getting ready for the tug of war competition.

"Naina, how will you pull that buffalo. See her she is like an elephant and you are like an ant."

"Preeti! Don't discourage her."

"I'm not discouraging her. I need her to be safe. What if dulari use this as a chance to hurt my nobita?"

"My doraemon..nothing will happen to me. It's just a game. What if she is bigger than me? I am stronger than her."

Preeti wasn't convinced. A girl came to call naina to the ground. They went. There will be three rounds. The person who wins the most will be the SPL. The other will be substitute SPL.

The game started. Naina was pulling with full force. The half of the crowd was cheering for naina. The other half for dualri. Dulari looked expectantly at sameer but he and his friends was cheering for naina. She felt anger and pulled naina vigorously. Naina was happy that her friends and the students were cheering for her. It boosted up her. But one thing was missing. She searched for that person. There was no sign.

●Note: Nobody knows about samaina except our gang six●

Taking this as a opportunity dualri won the first round. The second round started still the person was out of sight. Seeing her like this sameer shouted loud. This gave her power and she won second round.

She looked at the crowd with hope. But the hope fainted. Sameer understood and leaves the place.

The third round started. Now sameer was also not there. Dualri was pulling naina towards the line. Naina was in the half distance. She lost hope. Dulari smiled in victory. It boosted naina not to lose. She heard that familiar voices. That voices gave naina a new energy. She pulled dulari with all her strength. The strengths were her soul sister, soul friend, soul mate. The 3 most important persons in her life - preeti, swati and sameer.

The smile in dulari's face faded as naina smiled in victory only after achieving it. While sameer looked at her with full pride in his eyes.

See you guys another day with next part. Until then it's bye from Rashi. Signing off from here. CHEERS!!!