S.O.S

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
And the love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?

Joe let out another loud groan, hissing as he arched his back in the somewhat comfortable roller chair he had in his office. He had been dealing with cramps as of late. Dr. Lee had told him that they would come and go and that they weren't anything to worry about.

Joe took his word for it. Ben did not.

Ben popped his head through the office door, his green eyes wide and focused on Joe as he was hunched over his work desk. "Again?" He asked, his tone frantic.

"Again," Joe replied, rolling his eyes at the blond.

It was sweet, honestly, it was. Joe wasn't used to having someone dote on him the way Ben did. He always tried so hard to make sure that the redhead was feeling comfortable, that he and the baby were always one hundred percent. If Joe said his back was hurting, Ben would crack his knuckles and give him a pregnancy-friendly deep tissue massage. If his feet hurt, he'd get a warm foot bath. If he was having the weirdest fucking craving of his life, then he would run out in the middle of the night and drive all the way out to Long Island to get him whatever he needed.

Not to mention that ever since he's moved in they have basically been getting freaky on the regular. Regular make-out sessions were an ongoing experience for the two, but the sex. God, the sex! Joe hadn't topped this much since he was with a woman and while he was still team-bottom bitch, he had to admit, being with a guy like him, who was basically withering for it . . . Joe was pleased.

Long story short: Ben was baby-daddy goals.

But sometimes he just got on Joe's nerves. Maybe it was because he wasn't used to having someone always around, shadowing him and treating him like he was a fragile little thing. Joe wasn't fragile and deep down, he knew that Ben knew this, but it just bothered him so much whenever he would release a sigh or a whine and boom! There he was. Waiting on his hand and food as he would fucking break if he did something on his own.

Joe knew there was a deeper meaning to his creations. Ben, though he didn't mention it, feared the possibility of a miscarriage. Male carriers didn't have a higher rate, but anything could happen if not taken seriously. So every time the baby moved a certain way or wasn't kicking as often, as usual, Ben thought the worst.

At first, Joe thought it was sweet. Ben had done a complete one-eighty and was ready to take on the role of a father. He wanted to do everything, even begging Joe to go to a couples class just so they could have the experience of it. Joe refused of course. All the moms there and their judgmental eyes. He'd pass on that.

"Joe, this has been going on long enough. Just lemme take you to hospital." Ben begged, stepping deeper into the room.

"It's cramped, Benjamin. Fucking Braxton Hicks bullshit." Joe muttered, his hand clutching his stomach as another roll of pain came his way.

Dr. Lee had explained to him what it would feel like when he was actually ready and this didn't compare to that. The pain would be ungodly, which was why he had a scheduled c-section in two months. They'd take the baby properly and they wouldn't have to worry about a large amount of pain.

Instead, he was stuck feeling small amounts of discomfort that came and went. He tried to play it off but to no avail. Joe was a vocal person, all right? He yelled often enough and sometimes yelling helped with the pain. No one could blame him for that. But yelling caught the attention of his boyfriend who would be pacing back and forth, almost in tears as he ran his hand over his chest, trying to relax.