The Prophet Song

Ben considers himself lucky. Lucky to be a part of the New York City life. Lucky to work for a modeling agency that was flexible enough for him to take on some acting gigs, though those consisted of most commercials or as a non-speaking background character. Lucky to have the most beautiful girl in the world. Lucky to be married to his best friend.

He was also lucky to be given such a wonderful day today. It was not a special day in the slightest. He was off from work and planned on spending time with his baby girl, though Joe had a different idea, deciding to take the young girl on set with him. Clara would become Joe's mini-director and Ben couldn't say no. He knew how much their daughter loved Daddy/Clara time as much as she loved Papa/Clara time. And frankly, she hasn't got enough of it between her preschool hours and her time being the center of attention at the Calvin Klein studio.

So there Ben sat, on the living room couch, Frankie curled up next to him and a brunet that wasn't his husband, going on and on about how their lives have changed since their childhood.

"I can't believe you are still here, honestly," Ben admitted, tapping a finger on his phone to receive a photo from Joe of Clara giving orders to one of the crewmen.

Allen shook his head, a wide smile brightening his cheeks, "Well I have you to thank for that. It was your bachelor party after all. Besides, North America certainly has a lot to offer."

Ben hummed in agreement. Ben was so focused on getting married that he had no idea that his best childhood friend, who had come to the US to celebrate the big event, had begun to fancy Joe's doctor. They were close three days later at his wedding but Ben brushed it off as the two men being drunk. After all, he had no idea about who Gwilym fancied. Allen told him years about that he was gay but he never thought or cared what his doctor was. Now he knew he also fancied boys and particularly, the man that sat on the armchair across from him.

"Who would have thought that shy little Allen Leech would find love in the big city. Remember when you came out in 12th year? I was still straight back then." Ben laughed softly, using his fingers to place his phone face down on the adjacent end table so that he could give Allen his full undivided attention.

"You were straight? I think we remember things a little differently." Allen teased playfully. "Even my mum knew you liked boys, then again she had a sense of things. Remember how she used to say she wanted to adopt you?"

Ben closed his eyes with a soft smile, going back to yesteryears when Allen was his best mate. His only mate left when Ben was dealing with his sister's illness. Ben pushed others away, only to learn that they did not care much about him or his family in the first place. Allen cared. And thank god for him. "If only it was that easy.... Besides! I like more than boys, you know."

"Yes, yes. You and your pansexual flag have been waving for years now. Ben Hardy! The man who would fuck anything that moves!"

Ben laughed, shoving at his shoulder. "Now you're making me sound dirty. I'm in a steady relationship, you know."

"Look how far you've come. I'm proud of you, Ben. You're a lucky man"

"You'll get lucky too, Allen. After all, you did for me, you deserve it." Ben grabbed his glass of water and leaned forward, requesting silently for the two men to clink glasses together. Allen laughed since it was the afternoon and they were so lame and domestic that Ben was drinking water and Allen cradling a cup of tea.

Allen took a sip of his tea before his eyes widened with a thought that he just had to get out mid-swallow, "Speaking of lucky, how did the interview go with that paper in the UK? Isn't this the first one you've done internationally? How did it feel to do something related to your homeland?"