Kids in America

The five sat together in the car Clara had borrowed from her husband. Her own car was a bit too small for them all to fit in, a tad more flashy. The kind that was meant to be used to catch the attention of the other drivers, not for a small, growing family like she had.

When her second youngest brother called and informed her that he had a bit of an issue, the family got together to handle it as a unit. After all, that's how they were raised. They did things together, without judgment or annoyance.

Okay, perhaps the last part — little untrue.

"You are the only bloody male carrier out of the three of you. How could you be so stupid!?" She demanded her British accent sharper with her attitude.

Out of all the Mazzello-Hardy children, only two had been blessed with their Papa's homeland accent. The firstborn daughter (herself) and the final born son (Benji), something she and the younger lad took great pride in.

Taylor shifted awkwardly in the middle bucket seat, his hands rubbing together as his older sister berated him. "I forgot, okay?"

"How the fuck do you forget something like that?"

"I've only been with one person up to this point, Clara and it was a girl." Taylor continued, rubbing his palms nervously against his knees. "I didn't even plan on having sex with the guy. It just happened. I don't even know if I'm bisexual. It just happened!"

"What happened Tay, did you slip and fall on his dick?" JJ asked from the front seat, groaning when Clara hit him.

"I don't need your sarcasm, all right? I'm going through enough right now." Taylor mentioned, glaring across the way to his big brother who was still snickering at his retort.

"Pregnancy or not Taylor, you have to use protection! You could have gotten an STD! Or worse."

"There's something worse than an STD?" JJ questioned, cocking his head to his elder sister.

Daisy once again let out a small snort. "Yeah, pregnancy."

Benji, who had been shoved to the back, pocked his head out suddenly. "Why am I here?" He questioned aloud. "I was in the middle of working on my symphony."

"Because!" Clara snapped. "Taylor is our brother and we're here to support him."

"He's Ginny's brother too, why isn't she here for this?" Benji questioned.

"Because Ginny is a literal child and shouldn't be forced to bear this burden," Daisy mentioned.

"I'm a child! You didn't even tell dad we were going out. I think this is kidnapping." Benji commented before sitting back in his seat.

"Fucking finally," Clara sighed, making the turn into the 24/7 convenience store. She parked in the back, though there was no movement from the back seat. "Well. Go get it."

Taylor looked frozen, his hazel eyes widen. "I can't." He admitted, getting a resounding groan from inside the car. "I'm scared, okay!"

"Taylor, just go and get it over with," Daisy muttered from beside him.

"What if it says I'm pregnant, huh? I'm not ready to be a father! What if this guy isn't even a carrier? Maybe I'm just overreacting?"

"You have to be sure, Taylor." Clara insisted. "So it's either you go in and buy the test or you go to the doctor and let them tell you."

"He should go to the doctor regardless." Benji popped forward again, adjusting his glasses ever so slightly. "Just go see Uncle Gwilym in private. Not like he can tell Papa or dad. That's patient/doctor confidentiality."