Daisy Jane (Daisy)

Career

Daisy Meadows Mazzello had never been a fan of the limelight. By God she tried to stay out of it, always talking her way out of red carpets and award shows. Sure, sometimes she'd grind her teeth and put up with it to make her parents happy, but if she had it her way she'd never be near another camera.

Unlike her siblings, she had never wanted to be famous. JJ lived for it, just as her parents had. Clara was the prim and proper model that her parents practically hand designed and her little brothers were crafted to become masters of their craft.

Daisy wasn't like that and she never wanted to be.

Did she have the looks to be a model or attitude to be an actress? Yes, and yes, but she didn't have the drive for any of it. She preferred to spend her time out in her garden, away from the nosey world that wanted to watch her burn like an ant under a microscope.

It was the garden that she had found her calling, so when the time came for her to choose a career, she went with what was easiest. She went to school for botany, getting a job at a relatively popular florist.

It was hard, due to the obvious connections she had with those around her. Sure, she got a very nice deal on some stargazer lilies for her brother's wedding, but aside from that, she didn't like to mix business with family.

She didn't want to be the connection that brought the shop's name to the forefront because her parents decided to use the place and tweet about it. She didn't want to be hired just because she was the daughter of an Oscar winner. She wanted her existence to mean something and for a good while, it seemed like it did.

But then she got older and life continued going on and on with very little change. She didn't care much about it, deciding it was just easier to carry on with the way things were going.

But when you see those around you changing and moving on and you're still stuck in the same place, it a bit disheartening.

She had confessed to her father about this, a rare moment of clarity that Daisy allowed herself to have only to have her father laugh right in her face.

"You're 27. You have a hell of a lot more than I did at 27, Day."

It wasn't an age thing or maybe it was. By her age, all her siblings were married. They had children. And while she had been apart of one of those children being around, she didn't exactly do much work other than lying on a table and letting them remove some eggs from her.

Even her own fucking twin was out achieving goals and living his life and Daisy was left trying to piece together the shatters of her life that hadn't even been shattered, to begin with.

She had mentioned it to Taylor, the one person she felt comfortable enough to let her guard down for. He was supportive as he possibly could be. If she was unhappy, go find a way to be happy. It sounded easy, but Daisy knew nothing worthwhile in life was easy.

She continued to circle around in her own little rut until finally, she got a call that had some promise to it. It seemed the land that their family owns all the way in Italy was being sought after by a buyer. Joe's name was on it, though he didn't go there enough to decide whether or not they could keep it.