We Are The Champions

The three Mazzello boys sat in a perfect row along with the couch. And while they might be known as the Mazzello Boys, it was very clear that they were Mazzello men. All over the age of twenty-five, with wives and a husband of their own and children to brag about.

Across from them sat the youngest Mazzello child, their bubbly little sister that they adored endlessly. And beside her, was her wife, the other young woman they cared for deeply.

When Ginny had been adopted into the family at just a few months old, each of the Mazzello children took her on as if she was just like them. Flesh and blood as her parents. With her mother gone and her father nowhere to be found, Ben couldn't help but fall for the redhead baby he had done skin to skin with while volunteering at the hospital.

She was a gift sent to Ben and Joe when their children were off doing amazing things, keeping them busy, and keeping them content.

They had very little idea as to why the two women would ask for them to all meetup. Perhaps Ginny was going to reveal her newest script and wanted the three of them to help bring it to the stage. JJ as choreograph it, Taylor to act in it, and Benji to do the music. It wouldn't be the first time they had worked with their baby sister.

"Thank you all for meeting us here today," Ginny began, crossing her leg over the other, getting comfortable in her chair.

"What's up, Gin?" JJ asked curiously.

"Before we begin, we want you to know that we love each of you and thought long and hard before making this decision," Gemma mentioned, wanting to get that out of the way.

"Ooookay," Taylor mused curiously. "What's going on?"

"As you know, we've been married for some time now."

"We were there," JJ reminded her.

"I did the music," Benji pipped in.

"Daddy and Papa cried," Taylor stated.

"Yes! It was a lovely ceremony. And after our wonderful wedding, we decided to use the fantastic advantages of modern medical technology to have our biological child."

"Gigi, yes."

"Very cute."

"Very chunky."

"We always pictured ourselves having more than one child. And while we love being the mommies to a little girl, we can't help but to want to add a boy into the mix."

"Well duh. We were all raised by two men." JJ commented. "Excluding you, Gem. Sorry."

"The doctor informed us recently that while the bone marrow method is successful, it just isn't possible to have the outcome we're hoping for. At least not yet."

"What do you mean?"

"The outcome will always be female for us."

"And that's fine! Another girl would be lovely, but we don't want to be like grandpa and grandad and have an endless array of children." Gemma explained.

"We want to have two or three, and we'd like one of those babies to be a boy. So, we found a solution we think would work well enough."

"We're going to use one of Ginny's eggs and with a sperm donation, we'll have the doctor pull some strings so we can assure that it will be male."

"That's great, girls. We're happy for you."

"Where's the sperm coming from?" JJ asked carefully.

Gemma and Ginny exchanged a glance, and it only took a few beats for the men to connect the dots.

"No," JJ replied automatically. "No. I'm sorry. I love you both, but I can't."