05 | friends

E P I G R A P H

She didn't need to say a word,
just seeing her was magic.

five | friends

Holt's POV

Halo looked completely confused as we pulled up in front of the abandoned building, I am all too familiar with, though Halo looked at it as though it was an alien. Something she had never seen before.

I know the building isn't the most pleasant looking, it's old and rusty. As I've mentioned before the inside is rat infested—and who-knows-what-else-infested.

I know she's judging it right now, wondering why we're here of all places. I'm sure she expected that my friends and I hang out in some creepy basement or at a vacant ally way or something. Just wait until she sees the view.

It's going to be even more amazing seeing her be part of it.

Fuck up, Holt. You pussy.

This building isn't far from school, no longer then a twenty-minute drive. Its surroundings are a few other small buildings all owned by foreigners or people with a low salary, this side of the town is the "bad" side of the town.

I really shouldn't be bringing Halo here, but she'll be fine as long as she is with me, if she was wandering around the streets alone, well that's an entirely different story.

I hopped out of my car, slamming the door shut behind me before she got out too, she was hesitant though, but I know her curiosity got the best of her.

She didn't utter a single word as I began walking towards the tall cement building, pulling the left side of the grey double doors open, the metal like material of the door screeching against the asphalt below it.

I cringed at the sound, holding the door open for Halo before she entered. I let go of the handle, expecting Halo to be standing there waiting for me but instead she had already rushed up the first flight of stairs.

I scoffed, taking the steps two at a time as my jeans stretched over my knees, catching up to her faster than I thought.

I followed behind her until we reached the last step. I could've easily over-taken her, but I didn't want too.

I couldn't. The way she walked up each step so hastily, her hand sliding up the silver railing as she kept her eyes forward, like she was expecting to see heaven once she reaches the top, I guess it isn't far off.

Plus, the view was already amazing for me. She was in that damn cheer uniform she wears every single fucking day. She was in that typical tiny shirt, if it wasn't for the skin tight spandex beneath her skirt, I would have a perfect view of her ass right now, though I guess I can still practically see it.

If you met Halo and got to know her personality, you wouldn't peg her for a cheerleader. Nothing grosses her out, besides cigarettes as I've now learned. She doesn't get scared easily and she stands up for herself.

But if you saw Halo, you'd probably stereotype her as a cheerleader. She's got long legs; they go on for miles. Due to her African-American nationality, she's got the most beautiful complexion, she looks tan all year round.

She's so. . .so unique.

I've never seen eyes like hers. They're like pure gold, like fresh honey straight from a bee hive. Don't even get me started on her hair, man.

It's so curly and natural, it's mostly dark though it's got dozens of caramel coloured streaks going through her hair creating dimension, making her curls even more sexy.