13 | holty

E P I G R A P H

She was as untouchable as the stars,
but that didn't stop me from wishing

thirteen | holty

Halo's POV

I WOKE UP to my phone vibrating against the wooden top of my bedside table. An irritating tune sounding from the speaker before I pressed the dismiss option and slipped out of bed.

I groaned as my tired, sore limbs ached. Practice has been extremely rough lately and I've been putting in hours on end to make the team best as possible for the big game coming up, this first game of the year.

We've finally got our routine down and we've finally mastered the pyramid, Esme goes on the top because she's the most flexible and she weighs the same as a feather. So, now each practice we just rehearse the routine and if anyone has any input or suggestions then we improve it.

I showered quickly, brushing my teeth and my hair before tossing on my cheer uniform and a hoodie overtop so I don't die of hypothermia, I slipped on my air force ones and I straightened my hair last night for once, so it'll be straight for a few days now—or until I decide to wash it.

I applied a thin coat of mascara and a bit of concealer over my spots. It's that time of the month, so my skin is punishing me as well as my uterus, right now. A little too much information but unfortunately, it's something us women have to deal with on a monthly basis (well more than that for some people)

I ran downstairs to grab a granola bar and a bottle of water as always before sitting down on the—for once—vacant couch, going through my phone when a text came through in the group chat I have with Esme and Alix stating that Alix's car is at the mechanic so she can't get me.

I replied telling them that it's fine and I'll walk, when a knock sounded at the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows, standing up as I walked to the door, opening it to reveal my sister Kristel, her pram next to her which held a very excited Jax and Nova standing behind her leg.

"Hawo!" Jax screamed, followed by a squeal from Nova.

I smiled, bending down as Nova ran into my arms, wrapping her smaller ones around my neck as I stood up, holding the sides of her legs to prevent her from falling.

Kristel smiled at me, tucking a blonde strand of hair behind her ear as she pushed the pram inside, "Hey," she greeted, "Sorry for not calling first."

I dismissed her, planting Nova down on the couch, "It's fine," I waved her off, "I was up anyway."

She unbuckled Jax from the pram before placing him on the ground. He smiled in excitement, his two front teeth—which are far too big for his mouth—showing as he stomped his blue shoe clad feet on the wooden floors.

Jax is one year old and five months-ish but he's the cutest kid I've ever seen, I may be slightly biased considering he's my nephew but he's absolutely adorable. He's tiny, even for his age and he's got pale skin like his dad but blonde hair like his mom with her green eyes also.

He's smart and he is able to communicate basic things and play, eat and do other things well but he doesn't speak much, mostly just strange sounds.

He knows names well, he catches onto those surprisingly fast but other than that he only knows how to greet people, yes and no, he's also great at screaming at his sister when she annoys him.

Since he can't communicate his annoyance for her, he settles for screaming to the top of his lungs with the most high-pitched squeal until she goes away.