Chapter 1

This is based on the assumption that Marinette was 14 in the show. She is now 17 and starting her senior year of high school.

"Marinette," my mother called, "wake up!"

Unwilling to move from my comfortable position, I muffled through my pillow. "5 more minutes!"

"You don't want to be late on your first day of senior year!" She replied back.

My eyes widened. Has high school already flown by? I jumped out of bed and raced downstairs. Yes! Senior year! I'm so excited to be graduating. No more being called clutch by Chloe... no more Chloe.... no more Chloe!! My excited thoughts compelled me, but my feet weren't agile enough, and I tripped down the stairs, crashing to the ground.

My mom ran over to me. "Are you okay dear?"

I rubbed my head. "I'm okay mom! I'm still the same clutz."

"Yes," she kissed my forehead and handed me my breakfast, "but you're my clutz. Now eat your breakfast."

I carried my breakfast to the mini countertop and began chowing down the scrambled eggs. Within a couple minutes, my phone buzzed with delight for a video call: it was Alya.

"Hey girl," she grinned wider than the screen, "are you ready for our last year at that dread school?"

"Totally! I'm so glad we're graduating this year."

We both squealed with excitement.

"You and Luka still going strong right?"

I nodded with satisfaction. Luka's starting this freshman year at college at the University of Milan. We're trying long distance out, and so far it's going well. We visit each other once a month. I get to listen to his sweet, melodic voice while he plays his guitar. "Stronger than ever!"

"That's good to hear." Her voice almost sounded flat, but I ignored her projection. She was probably tired or something. She did stay up til two in the morning. "Anyway, I have a surprise for you when we get to school!"

"Really? What is it?"

She winked. "If I told you, then it wouldn't be a surprise!"

We both laughed.

"I gotta go girl! Don't be late!"

I chuckled again. "I won't. I promise!" She ended the video call.

Tikki flew out of my bag. "Congrats on being a senior Marinette!"

"Thanks Tikki!"

She glides her swiftly around me. "Ladybug is all grown up!"

"Yeah," I said with a smile then quickly began to frown, "I just wish Chat Noir were still here."

Tikki stopped in mid-air and looked me in the eye. "Marinette, we know that Chat Noir is still alive."

"I know. It's just that... I just need a sign that he's okay. He disappeared, and I can't help but think I'm to blame."

"You are not to blame, Marinette! He left you when you needed him most."

Maybe I'm being paranoid. Then I realized how selfish I was thinking. "Are you doing okay though? You and his Kwami seemed to have a strong connection."

"His Kwami and I are still connected" was her blunt answer. I could tell her trust was deeply damaged. She shook her head and said, "besides you have Viperon now. He's doing a great job with the snake miraculous. Honestly, he's better than Chat Noir."

I smiled. "Yeah," because I chose him, "but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Chat Noir was my original partner, and he was great help." I looked at the clock. "Tikki, let's head to school."

I opened my purse for her to zoom in. I went upstairs to brush my teeth and hair. There were two hair-ties lying next to an old picture of Adrien, Nino, Alya, and me. I forgot that picture was there. We looked so happy.

I picked up the old picture. My fingers meticulously tore around Adrien's head and threw it in the trash. That's better.

Senior year... here I come!

—————

I sit alone at the long table once again. My stomach did not accept the food that was laid out in front of me. I didn't feel hungry. I wasn't hungry.

A knock sound was heard. It was my father. He stood tall with perfect composure and a clipboard in his left arm. "Adrien, have you finished breakfast?"

"No father," I replied honestly, "I did not. I'm not even hungry to be honest."

His eyebrows furrowed as he walked toward me. "Adrien, I understand if you are not hungry." He placed his right hand on my shoulder. I flinched. "However if it's still because of your decision three years ago, we are going to have a problem."

"It's definitely not that," I reassured him, "I think it's the senior year jitters. Thank you again for letting me go to public school."

He did not release his hand from my shoulder. There was a pause before he spoke. "I do want my son to have his extra-curricular activities to be seen by many. But remember your mission."

I looked down at my uneaten breakfast. The warm gooey eggs remind me of sunshine. They remind me of Ladybug's warm smile. They remind me of— snap out of it! She betrayed me, and now it's my turn.

"Yes father."

[End Of Chapter 1]

Hey!! I'm back! Hope you're enjoying this little twist.

The next chapter will be up on June 9th. Of course this is depending on my schedule.