Chapter 9

My sight blurred in and out from darkness. Sounds of beeping grew clear. My nose itched; i have a breathing tube on. I blinked a couple more times before opening them completely, clarifying my view to being a hospital room. I lifted up my right arm to see an IV tube; my left arm had several scars.

What happened?

I thought about taking a deep breath, but my lungs were in pain. I winced.

"Marinette!" A voice cried in relief. I didn't realize someone was in the room. He ran towards to give me a hug in which I winced in pain again. He backed away cautiously as a apologetic response. I remember him! The blue hair ombré. Blue jacket with ripped jeans and a gentle smile. "I'm so glad you're awake!"

"Luka," I attempted to speak, but there was a paint in my throat.

"It hurts when you talk right? Don't worry, I'll do all the talking, so you can heal fast!" He held my hand. "I think you wanted to ask how you got here."

I nodded subtly.

"I was on the sidelines when there was that big army of akumatized people with Hawkmoth and his assistant. Next thing I knew, the building was completely destroyed." The volume of his voice became very quiet. "All the superheroes got out except Ladybug. Everything surrounding the battle froze in time, but I wasn't frozen for some reason. I snuck in to help dig through the rubble." He held my hand tighter. "That's when I found you."

My eyes widened. He found out I was Ladybug! "I'm sorry." I croaked weakly.

"No! Don't be sorry! You were under so much of the building. We thought you..." He started to tear up, but cleared his throat to prevent himself from going any further with his emotions. "We took you to the hospital as fast as we all could. You were in a coma for two weeks."

I saw him in his rawest state of emotion. "Luka?"

"Yes Marinette?!" He quickly replied, leaning closer, so he could hear properly.

"Thank you." I gave a warm gentle smile.

He kissed me on the forehead. "An extraordinary girl deserves everything good. Take it easy okay? I'll let the nurses know that you're awake. Can I come visit again soon?"

I nodded.

The next day Alya, Nino, and Chloe visited me. I was able to speak normally with little to no pain, and my body wasn't as weak as it was before. They were all so happy I was alive and well. I was decently surprised by Chloe increase in sympathy.

"I thought you really couldn't care less about me?" I giggled.

"Ugh," she scoffed, but then turned her cheek, "I'm just happy you're not dead."

"Aw Chloe does care!" Alya teased.

I smiled at Chloe. "Thank you." She smiled back in return.

"Has Adrien come and visit me at all?" I asked out of the blue.

The three exchanged looks. Then we all looked at Nino, whose frown said it all.

"I texted him, and he said he's busy." Nino said.

"Wow, too busy to see a 'very good friend' in the hospital." Alya rolled her eyes.

"I could try calling him if you want." He suggested. Just as he said that, his phone rang. It was Adrien.

"Don't just stand there, answer it!" Chloe commanded.

Nino answered. "Hello?"

"... what is the law of cosines..." Adrien's voice rang.

"He must've done voice command on accident." He shrugged. "We probably shouldn't ease drop."

"Adrien?" A voice through the phone called out. It sounded like Nathalie. "Your friend Nino called and left a message an hour ago. He asked if you would like to visit your other friend Marinette in the hospital?"

The was a audible groan from the phone. "I have to do this math homework."

"Wow what a jerk." Alya said.

"Okay, would you like to send a card or flowers to her?" Nathalie asked.

There was a long pause. "No."

"Adrien, I know it's hard to know that one of your friends is in the hospital, but-"

"Nathalie. I don't like Marinette. She's strange and loud. Now leave me alone."

Alya hung up for Nino. "I think we've heard enough. Marinette are you okay?"

I didn't look at them. How could you Adrien...

"Has Chat visited at all?" Nino asked.

I shrugged. Not that I know of. It doesn't matter anyway. He left me and his whole team for dead. "How many people found out I was Ladybug?"

"Just us and Luka." Alya smiled, "no one dangerous."

This was too much to take in. First Chat betrayed me, then Adrien showed his true colors. "I want to be alone if that's okay with you guys."

"Of course." Alya patted my back. Nino and Chloe left the room while Alya delayed a moment to tell me, "you know, Luka has been watching over you these past two weeks. Maybe you should talk to him some more."

She was right. Luka was by my side these past few weeks. He's made my stay at the hospital a little less worrisome. Each day he brought a single rose to put in a vase Rose made for me a couple days prior. I counted fifteen roses by the end of my stay.

That night was the last night. Tomorrow I would be officially discharged from the hospital. Luka was by my side.

We were on top of the hospital courtyard, looking at the stars. He wrapped his coat around me when he saw I was getting cold.

"It's beautiful," I smiled, "the stars are just perfect tonight."

"I know." His eyes were locked into mine. I could see a world of melodies and progressions just by looking into his midnight eyes. "I'm so glad I met you."

He caresses my cheek. I blushed red, but I was okay with him being close to me. "Me too."

We shared a kiss under the moonlight.

[End Of Chapter 9]

Sorry about the delay! Have a great day!