Chapter 8

The three of us were frozen with astonishment. My jaw dropped wide open. So he really is Chat Noir. Chloe was right. Everyone in my group was right.

"Adrien?" I led out a quiet whisper.

He stood still as a statue, unable to respond.

I used this opportunity to break Luka's giant guitar pick. The butterfly fluttered. I whipped my yo-yo toward the demon and de-evilized it. I didn't even sent a farewell to the insect. Luka transformed back to his normal self. My eyes were still locked on Adrien's truth.

"Ladybug I..." Adrien couldn't finish his sentence. He sunk to his knees. Tears were beginning to flood his eyes. All I could do was watch. "I'm... so... so sorry."

I looked at Luka. He subtly nodded his head. I sighed in response. My hand reach out for Adrien as I walked toward him. "Please get up."

His hand reached for mine. I propped him up back to standing position.

"Luka, are you safe enough to go home alone?" I asked him kindly.

Luka nodded and smiled. "Stay safe okay?"

Adrien and I were alone. He was lucky that there was no one around watching. The wasn't much light, so cameras would have had been able to capture anything.

"Ladybug I-I—uh.. I" he kept stuttering.

"Let's go somewhere less... well known," Ladybug stared at the distance sky, "sunrise is approaching in a couple of hours." I stuck out my hand and used my other hand to throw my yo-yo at a distant pole.

He held my hand. Tighter this time.

Off we went. I directed my yo-yo to the pier area under the bridge. There was a bench overlooking the small lake that would carry boats.

We sat, and I sighed. "Tikki spots off."

I transformed back to me. Tikki flew out of my earrings and laid peacefully in my purse to recharge. His Kwami flew out of Adrien's jacket. Plagg looked anxious. I smiled at the little creature. He gave a thankful gesture and flew into my purse as well to talk with Tikki.

Adrien's jaw was open.

"You seem surprised?"

He widened his eyes in response. "You're Ladybug?"

"I don't understand why you're so shocked," I shrugged, "you saw me transform back long ago."

"Yeah I know, but — Wait," Adrien's finger pointed toward me, "you knew?"

I nodded my head. "And thank you for confirming my accusation."

He covered his eyes with his hands. "Right. I need to work on that." He tapped his foot on the ground. "Uh Marinette—"

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" I asked quickly.

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. "You found out that Paris's hero is just some clumsy girl who likes to draw and study. Isn't that such a great story to get back at me for screaming at your face twice?"

He looked straight into my eyes. "I didn't want to say anything. I know how much it means to Paris to have a superhero like you."

I could feel my cheeks getting warm. Am I blushing? "I appreciate that."

"If it's okay with you, can I ask you a question?"

"I mean at this point, go for it."

He took a deep breath. "What did I do three years ago?

Am I really going to answer this?

"Please," he begged, "I really have no idea what happened."

I looked away. "If I do, I will get mad."

"It doesn't matter!" He responded with determination. "I need to know what I did, and how I can make it up to you!"

My eyes widened. Is it really time?

—————

What am I doing? I can so easily

She faced me with her ocean eyes, carrying millions of words and emotions with a single look. I had forgotten how beautiful she was. Her frown presented to me was the most heartbreaking thing I have witnessed. She really felt so torn with what I did.

"May 28th... It was three years ago..."

—————

*May 28th - Three Years Ago*

Hawkmoth is finally pinned to a corner by Chat Noir, his kind assistant blocked off by the Rena Rouge and Carapace, and the army of akumatized victims nearly defeated by me and Queen Bee. This is it. This could be the final battle. Chat Noir, Rena Rouge, Carapace, Queen Bee... we're about to give Paris peace.

I pin down the last akumatized victim, breaking their object and de-eviling it. I pointed over to the disastrous villain. "Give up your miraculous Hawkmoth!" I shouted triumphantly knowing very well Chat Noir activated Cataclysm. "There's no where to run."

His eyebrows furrowed in deep anger. "Indeed you are correct. I surrender."

The villain smiled... then... cackled. He managed to free one of his hands and was about to attack. Time felt like it was slowing down. I threw my yo-yo toward their direction, but it was too late... Hawkmoth's hand didn't move.

Chat Noir hit his Cataclysm against the wall, completely avoiding the villain. That wasn't on accident. His miss was completely intentional. The building began to crumble.

"Chat!" Carapace shouted, "what did you do?!"

The cat didn't respond. He took off.

"Chat?!" I screamed as my feet sprinted toward him. My feet weren't fast enough as the rubble was falling all over him. "CHATON!"

Please tell me he isn't dead! He can't be dead!

I scanned the unstable structure. We have about thirty seconds if I'm actually good at estimating. "We gotta get out of here!"

Carapace chucked his shell against a window about meters away. "This way!"

We all ran. My yo-yo couldn't get a good outside pole to grab onto. We weren't going to make it. I was getting desperate.

"LUCKY CHARM!" I exclaimed. A rather large skateboard appeared. Instinctively, I rode on it, picking up speed. The others hopped on.

The exit was near. We were so close...

Except I wasn't. A chunk of the building knocked me off the skateboard, and my knee cracked badly. The others made it out safely.

"LADYBUG!" They screamed in terror as the rest of the facility crashed onto me.

Then everything went black.

[End Of Chapter 8]

LOL autocorrect corrected "Chaton" to "Cheeto"

I CANT EVEN HAHAHAHA