Chapter 13

"What?!" Alya almost shouted in shock.

"Adrien is going to attempt to steal Marinette's earrings during concession!" Kagami whispered loudly enough so the team could hear.

"We can't let him do that!" Luka's anger was beginning to show. "To think I actually began to like him."

"Hold on," Nino said, "Kagami, are you sure you heard what you heard?"

She nodded. "I am positive. He was talking on the phone with someone saying that she's  going to be heavily guarded and that she'll be more focused on your speech than your earrings."

"That two-timer!" Chloe's stamped her foot on the floor.

Alya made a fist as she rolled up her sleeve. "I'm going to give him a piece of my mind."

The group was arguing relentlessly in frustration. I couldn't chime in; I was too distraught with Adrien. Why would he want my miraculous? Is he working with Hawkmoth? Why would they want my miraculous? It doesn't make sense. What would they need it for?

"Marinette," Tikki cried, "I think it's time to take action."

Then I remembered the book. "Wait guys!"

They almost immediately stopped their commotion. I pulled out my tablet to reveal pictures of an ancient book that Master Fu and I found. "This is a book with information about each miraculous. Maybe we should understand why he wants me earrings before we take any drastic measures."

"Well don't just sit there," Chloe demanded, "swipe!"

I swiped through the pages to find a mysterious purple illustration. It was much different than Hawkmoth's attire. The figure was covered in a dark hue with bright accents. A frightful face was made to show power. A purple symbol was planted behind the figure. Tikki gasped and quickly flew into my jacket in fright. Has she seen this before?

"So if they combine the ring and earrings," Alya said, "you get that?"

"What will that do?" Kagami asked.

I quickly called Master Fu. "Master Fu, we need you to translate the Miraculous Spellbook!"

"I will do my best. Keep in mind, the scripture is thousands of years old." He replied. I sent him the picture of the page. "Oh..."

"What?" Everyone chimed in.

"This page doesn't need any translation. Every guardian knows about this power. Your Kwami should be familiar with this. Tikki should know all about this dangerous being."

"Tikki," I gently whispered, "Come on out. Don't be scared." She whimpered and flew out of my jacket. "Tell us about this power."

She looked around at us, took a deep breath, and explained it all. "When you combine Plagg's ring and my earrings, you get what's called Ultimate Power."

Master Fu added in. "This integration of power is so dangerous that the person bearing the two miraculous is only able to make one action."

"What do you mean one action?" Alya asked.

"They use their power to fulfill one desire." Tikki explained. "But there's a catch."

"Which is?" Chloe asked.

Tikki sighed. "Equal trade."

"Remember that the earrings' powers are to create and the ring is to destroy. If the person's desire is to get all the gold in the world, they will get all the gold in the world, but in return, something of equal worth is destroyed." Master Fu reiterated. "Maybe someone else's treasures disintegrate or worse their own loved ones dissipate."

"Tikki, has this ever happened?" I wondered to her.

She nodded in shame. "A very long time ago. Two heroes, Ladybug and Chat Noir, fought against dangers. They were really close. Until one day, Chat stole Ladybug's earrings and had Ultimate Power. He wished to bring back someone he had lost... but in return, the person who was Ladybug became comatosed." She started crying. "She never woke up."

I wrapped Tikki in a small embrace. "I'm so sorry Tikki!" Soon everyone was gathering for a group hug.

"Whatever the wish is," Nino clenched his fist, "we're going to stop him."

"How long do we have until graduation?" Kagami asked.

"About a month," Chloe replied. "I can get Daddy to heighten up security."

"That's great, and since our last names are pretty close to his, we'll be in the front row to keep an eye on him," Alya added.

"I'll try to talk to Adrien as much as I possibly to see if he'll spill anything," Nino contributed.

Kagami nodded. "Since I don't go to your guys' school, I'll make sure the doors stay unlock, so the families can escape but not Adrien."

Luka looked determined. "I'll be watching from the audience to see if Hawkmoth is anywhere."

I stared to my window with ambition, eyeing the buildings of Paris. "Adrien Agreste, we're going to get answers."

One way or another.

[End Of Chapter 13]

Disclaimer: I don't actually know what the combo of miraculous is called. I made something up.