Chapter 3

Alya and I entered the classroom to see familiar faces. Chloe and Sabrina are gossiping, Nathanael is sketching with Marc, Rose and Juleka are trying on weird perfumes, Kim and Max are playing videos games... as per usual. Nothing has changed. I'm going to be at a disequilibrium in college next year. The more I talk about college, the more annoying I sound. I should probably stop.

We took our seats in the second row. Nino took the row in front of us. The starting bell hasn't started yet, so I whipped out my phone to text Luka. Hey Luka!  Thx for the gift! I would be honored to be your special guest!

Luka and I have been dating for almost three years. We met on his boat where he and a few of my friends were making a band. He confessed his love for me during and after he was akumatized. At first I was a little hesitant because I did like someone else at the time. But that guy is out of the picture now. He helped me greatly after an incident, and I am forever grateful for his kind heart and lovely voice.

My phone buzzed. He replied, I'm so glad! I'll text u more on the details! Miss u!

"Marinette," Alya waved her hand in my face, "you're blushing again."

"Oh!" I covered my face. "How red was I?"

"As red as Nathanael's hair," Nino answered.

We all laughed.

Suddenly the door of the classroom opened, and I saw a person I would never thought I would see again. His golden, blonde hair radiated obnoxiously against the sunlight. Envy green eyes fluttered on his model face. His attire hasn't changed one bit; it looks douchier than I remember though.

Adrien Agreste.

Immediately, the class began surrounding him, showering him with questions and compliments.

"No way!" Kim shouted. "It's Adrien Agreste!"

"Where were you these past couple years?" Alix asked.

Nino turned to Alya and me. "Why is he back?"

Alya and I both shrugged in confusion. Alya made a theory. "Probably needs something on his application for college."

I scoffed quietly. "I doubt it. He has a rich father who can bribe his way into Oxfod or something. What ever his intentions are, we're not going to be involved."

"Yeah," Nino agreed, "we're above him. We don't need him."

The commotion of Adrien's return died out when the bell rang and the teacher entered the room. She definitely was not having Adrien's social class. "Mr. Agreste is it? I expect you to keep your status to  a minimum so you and the rest of the class can actually learn something this year.

"Yes Madam." He trailed up the steps. He made a quick glance at Nino's empty partner seat. His crooked smile was shown to us, but we all did not react to his liking. He quickly made his way up to the back of the classroom where he sat next to Lila.

To many of the class's surprise, Lila turned away from him. It seems that she also possessed some sort of resentment. Wow, Lila and I have something in common.

—————

It probably wasn't a good idea for me to get in trouble like that. Now people in the class are more alert. My prime suspects are already on their toes.

The teacher was teaching, but unfortunately I wasn't listening. All I could think about was Marinette, how she looked at me with disgust. It was like when we first met, but this time, the feeling hurt more. And now she has a boyfriend.

"Mr. Agreste?" The teacher called out.

"Yes Madam?"

She points to the board. "What's the answer?"

How many hydrogens does the ethanol molecule have? What I don't know chemistry! This happens on the first day?

"Well? What's your answer?" The entire class was staring at me.

"42?"

The laughter was embarrassing. The teacher squinted devilishly at me. "Really Mr. Agreste? I expect more from you. Anyone else?" She eyed Marinette. "Ms. Cheng!"

"6 hydrogen atoms Madam," she said with so much confidence that I never knew she had in her.

"Explain," the teacher challenged, "please draw the structure."

Marinette walked up to the chalkboard. She lifted the chalk up and delicately drew what seems like a perfect structure of the molecule. The sound of the chalk being placed on the ridges of the chalkboard frame echoed the room. "Is this correct?"

"Perfect," The entire class applauded, "Mr. Agreste, I suggest that you take notes. This girl clearly knows more than you."

She's not wrong.

The teacher handed out the lab equipment. She placed multiple beakers of mysterious liquids and a bunch of tools and machines. The experiment was to identify all the beakers.

"Madam," Alya called out, "there's an akuma Attack near our school!"

"An akuma Attack will not impede on our experiment! Continue!"

Chloe walks out of her seat with a half-full beaker toward Marinette. Uh-oh! Don't tell me their feud is still going on! I was right the feud was in continuation. She 'tripped' and fell on the staircase, spilling the liquid all over Marinette's clothes.

"Oops sorry," she said flatly.

Marinette didn't reply to Chloe but asked the teacher, "May I go clean off the HCl from my shirt?"

"Very well." Marinette walked calmly out of the room. To my surprise, Alya didn't roast Chloe... at all. She just sat there and carried on about the experiment.

I better have a distraction so I can transform. It's been a while since I transformed as Chat. Plagg and I are not on speaking terms right now. Everyone's mad at me, and it's not fair.

"Madam," I raised my hand, "may I use the restroom?"

"Yes. But if you're not back in five minutes, everyone in the class will have a test this Friday!"

Great another thing to add on my list. I hurried outside to see if anyone left their classroom. I saw Kagami and Marinette both heading to the bathroom. It has to be one of them! But first I need to transform.

"Plagg!"

He flew out unenthusiastically. "What do you want?"

"I need to transform."

"But you're not a hero," he turned his back on me, "besides, you left Ladybug alone when she neededw you most."

"Come on! Plagg transform me[claws out]!"

[End Of Chapter 3]

Yikes it's hate Adrien day guys. How are you guys doing?