Chapter 12

"...the vigilance of us will forever project us to future generations. To that I say students of 20XX, rejoice, you have made it. Thank you!" I breathed immensely. Claps were made from Luka as he stands with happiness. "Oh gosh! Did it sound good?"

"It sounded fantastic!" He cheered, picking me up and twirling me around. "You're an amazing speaker, Marinette!" He kissed my cheek.

"Aw thank you!" I kissed him back. "There were definitely some spots where I need to revise somethings, but other than that, I think I'm ready!"

"Wow, ready 2 months before graduation even happens!"

"Better to be prepared than doing the speech last minute." We both chuckled.

A thought was itching me. "Luka, can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it."

"How long have you known that Adrien was Chat Noir?" I asked as quietly as I could.

He sighed. "When I saw Chat for the first time in forever, he was a little off. When I left your house the night I got akumatized, I bumped into Adrien. He didn't act like his usual self, or the usual self that I was used to. The way he was acting was very similar, almost identical to Chat's but more sinister. He also had one the same ring at the exact same finger and hand."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"To be honest, I wasn't sure about my theory either. By the time I got akumatized, it became pretty obvious for me, but I couldn't tell you because I was Silencer. I'm really sorry."

I made a soft smile. "Don't worry about it. Thank you for being honest with me."

"There's something that's been bothering me about him though." He stood up and walked to my circular window.

"You can tell me."

He watched the streets. "Remember when I said Adrien was hard to describe? Like I couldn't even use music to input how I felt about him."

I nodded. "Yeah, ominous but that wasn't the best word."

"I think I know how to describe him... he's unsettling."

"Unsettling?" I said slowly to comprehend what I just heard.

He faced me. "Like he's cunning and charismatic, I'll give him that, but those two descriptors formulates a rather unsettling chord. As if he's going to do something. I'm still pretty uneasy that you're going to hang out with him in an hour."

"I understand, Luka. He does give off that sort of atmosphere. That's why I'm going alone with him. I need to study his current behavior and underlying motives." I embraced him. "I know that you're worried about me, but I want you to know that I am fully capable of taking care of myself."

He wrapped his arms around me tighter. He whispered in my ear. "I don't want anything to happen to you, but I trust you."

—————

We spent the afternoon walking around Paris. Marinette caught me up with all the battles with Hawkmoth and Chloe's weird antics. She's filled me in on Lila's lying condition and explained how she's much better than before; Lila even became friends with her group. I missed talking to her... but...

Thanks to her, Marinette told me that Hawkmoth... well my father... has attacked Paris fairly often, which I already knew, which caused her to get the usual team and a newcomer to become permanent superheroes. Unfortunately, I still don't know their identities with the exception of Chloe. Now I know she's obviously going to be protected most of the time.