Chapter 19

"Miraculous Ladybug!" I shouted louder than ever. The ladybugs flew around the building, setting the chairs and tables back to their meticulous setup. Luka hacked out a cough.

"Luka!" Juleka was by his side. "Please Luka stay with us!"

Was Gabriel right? Was the wish truly irreversible? It can't be. He's alive right now isn't he? Right now we need doctors and policemen.

"Someone call the paramedics!" I demanded. "Luka you're not dying on us today!"

"We should also call the police." Nino jumped in. "Ya know so Mr. Agreste doesn't wreck havoc again."

I slapped my forehead. "You're right! Sorry!" How could I be so careless. I saw Adrien, fortunately not in the same light as I've been seeing him.

"Thank you." I couldn't smile. I wish I could.

—————

"You lost." I said to him as the police were taking him away.

He chuckled. "It doesn't matter. I did what I had to do."

I began to walk away toward Marinette and Juleka.

"You know Adrien. I wasn't the one who thought of the maniacal ways to steal her earrings. It was all you. You were the one who destroyed the building, you were the one who decided not to visit her in the hospital, you were the one who akumatized Luka, and you were the one who stole her earrings."

My mother shut the door. "That's enough of your talking."

It doesn't matter. He's right. I turned to Marinette and Juleka in the distance, about to cry once more over her lost one.

"Adrien," mother shoved me in their direction, "Go to her."

I went to them. Luka was still alive! "Luka!"

She shook her head. "The paramedics said he's not going to last."

"I'll leave you guys alone." Juleka stood up.

"But she's your brother! You deserve to be with him!" She cried.

"I've said my goodbyes. We know we love each other, and I think he has something to say to you guys." She walked off to her mother.

"I'm so sorry Luka." I sunk to my knees. "I'm so sorry I caused this."

Luka smiled. "It's... it's okay. You only... wanted to... wanted to have... a... happy family."

"Please," She gripped his hand, "Please stay."

"It's going... going to be... okay Marinette." He caressed her cheek. "Don't.. don't worry about me... okay? L-live your life... you're extraordinary..."

His eyes began to flutter. "Please Luka stay awake! You can do this!"

"Please don't go!" She begged.

He produced a weak chuckle. "Marinette... can... can you smile for me? I want to see... see your beautiful... smile before I... go."

She mustered our a smile. Her tears fell onto his cheeks. She quickly wiped them off. "I'm sorry I couldn't do better."

"Don't worry..." He tried to return a smile, but he couldn't. "As long as... I still see you..."

He only has seconds.

"Adrien... thank you... for... coming back to her..." He took one last inhale. "Marinette, I... I love you." His last exhale was made.

He was dead. His life dissipated from us once again... this time for good. She made no sobs, only tears.

I pulled off my ring and held it out to her.

She wiped away her tears. "What are you doing?"

"I'm giving you my ring so he can come back to life."

"No. Have you learned anything?"

"I just thought..."

She sighed. "I'm not going to risk someone else's life. Luka wouldn't want that. Juleka and her mother wouldn't want that. I wouldn't want that."

"I'm sorry, Marinette. Are you going to be okay?" I plead, hoping she will.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Honestly I just want to be alone right now."

I wanted to hug her, but she pushed away. "I'll respect that. If you need to talk to someone... you can always talk to me."

She didn't respond. I left it at that.

"How did it go?" My mother asked.

I looked away. "He didn't make it. Marinette still hates me."

She wrapped her arms around me. "You did you best."

"I just wish I wasn't so gullible." I buried my face into her chest. "I wish I wasn't so stupid."

"Stop wishing Adrien. You know wishing doesn't get you anywhere." She knelt down again. "She doesn't hate you. She knows you only wanted to make your father happy. Gabriel doesn't make it easy. Good thing he's in jail."

"What do I do?" I asked her.

"Right now, she needs space. She lost someone important to her today. But she'll persevere. She's intelligent and clever."

"The brightest and most beautiful," I added.

My mother nodded. "She'll come to you when she's ready."

[End Of Chapter 19]

Did I make a permanent death in a fanfiction? Yes... yes I did. Last 2 chapters will be published tomorrow morning!!!!