Chapter 11

It's been some time since I have step foot on the Agreste's property. The bars are as isolated as ever. The walls are still up high and stable. Their mansion's exterior was as grand as I remember.

I cautiously rang the doorbell. A camera appeared from the silver encasement. It's heady red eye looked at me coldly. A feminine voice rang out. "Name and purpose."

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, tutoring Adrien Agreste on Chemistry." Surprisingly I did not stutter.

"Come in." The camera retracted itself into its little home. The gates clicked and opened. Every step felt like weights that carried memories and nightmares. The Agreste household always projected an ominous vibe. Almost suspicious.

The front door opened with Mr. Agreste standing over me. His rectangular glasses reflected the light from the sun down to me, almost blinding me. He wore the cream suit and red pants like always. "Welcome Marinette. Adrien will be down in a couple of minutes." He made room for me to enter. "Please come inside, and make yourself comfortable."

"Thank you sir." I instinctively bowed. Stop being weird Marinette! I walked in, making sure I didn't make a sound. Inside I immediately saw a rather large stairway made of marble... actually I think almost everything here is made of marble. Looking up, I see a rather large contemporary painting. To my right was an open area of what looked like a dinning room, and my left was a closed door.

"I heard you were chosen to be this year's commencement speaker, am I correct?" The man stood right behind me. I jumped, frighten by his rather intimidating posture and scary voice.

I chuckled it off. "Uh yes Mr. Agreste. I am this year's speaker. How did you know?"

"My son mentions you a lot in our conversations." He walks over to a nearby decorative table with a family photo.

"Oh really?" I felt like I was sweating. How much did he reveal? "I'd never thought he would talk about me."

"He says you're a very bright and beautiful girl."

"Father..." Adrien's voice echoed from upstairs. He ran down quickly and grabbed my hand to pull me up. "Don't embarrass me please!"

He took me to his room. It probably bigger than my own house plus the bakery. There was a slide, video games, more books than I can imagine. He's really got it all. He even had the latest computers with several monitors hanging to and fro. "I'm sorry about my father. He can be a creep sometimes."

I shrugged it off, pretending not to care. "It's fine. My parents are like that too. If you remember that."

He chuckled. I did as well. We looked at each other for longer than I hoped.

I coughed out the silence. "So chemistry?" I took out my textbooks and writing utensils on the table near the tv. "Madam said that you're failing to the point where you might not graduate?"

He rubbed his hand against the back of his head. "Uh yeah. I'm failing pretty badly. Do you think you can help?"

"I said yes, didn't I?" I replied back coldly.

"Look," He sat on the couch behind me, "I get that you're still mad at me, and this is probably not the most favorable thing to do in your free time, but I really need this! I can't not graduate. I don't know what my Father will do if I don't." I wasn't convinced. He stood in front of the tv, making sure all I saw was him. "Please Marinette. You're the only one who can help me! After graduation, we don't have to speak at all! I promise!"

I sighed. He's serious. I looked him dead in the eyes. "Isomers. What are they?"

—————

I slammed the textbook shut. She really piled her chemistry knowledge on me. "Okay, I give up!"

"We have 2 more chapters to do."

"Agh," I groaned, "Chemistry is so hard!"

"Well if you paid attention in class, then you wouldn't have this problem." She shrugged with her sass drizzled all over.

I laid on the ground, spreading my arms wide out. Then it hit me. "Do you still draw?"

She jumped, clearly caught off guard. "Huh?"

"Do you still draw? Like design fashion and stuff?"

"Yeah, not as often as I used to though."

I lifted my upper body up. "Why not? You are a really good fashion designer!"

"It reminded me of the past." She didn't go any further.

"Oh, right." It was awkward again. "Uh, do you still play video games?"

"Occasionally."

I pulled out my controllers, and I handed her one of them. "How about one game like old times?"

She chuckled. "Really Adrien? We still have to go over 2 more chapters before the test this Friday."

"Are you afraid you're going to lose?" I teased.

For the first time in forever, I saw her beautiful smile. She gently took the controller. "Alright. One game, and if I win, we continue reviewing."

"What if I win?"

"What do you want?"

I thought about it. "We hang out. Just you and me. No chemistry. No superhero drama. No friend drama. Just hanging out."

She bit her lip then smirked. "Deal."

The game we were playing was no stranger for the both of us. She was rusty, but she was still far better than me. We each won one round, and it's down to the final round.

"Ready to lose Agreste?" She teased. God I miss her smack talk.

"Better clear your schedule!" God I can't believe that came out of my mouth. She was blushing!

The final round started. I quickly maneuvered to the joy stick making sure I had enough distance from her character.

"I see your player mirror your actions." She quietly said.

"Well," I remembered three years ago how she handled her controller and key moves and techniques, "you're about to witness..."

My character's power move activated. Her character was down. The round was over. "... the new Adrien!" I threw my controller down in triumph.

"Uh Adrien?" She tapped my shoulder. I looked at the screen to see my character defeated. She snickered. "Never let your guard down."

"What!?" I slumped down in defeat.

She opened up the textbook again. "Next month, free?"

"Wait what? I lost."

"Yes but I never said I wouldn't hang out with you."

I sat down next to her. "Really?"

We were centimeters apart. "Yeah. So does sometime next month work? I have to work on my speech this month."

I smiled warmly.

"Of course M'Lady."

[End Of Chapter 11]

Everything's going so swell!!! Hopefully it stays that way...