Chapter 7

My fingers were exhausted from typing, and my brain was about to shut down from all the words. I probably hit the word limit, but at this point I don't even care! Sweat even began dripping down my face. Tikki grabbed a towel to wipe my sweat while cheering me on.

I pressed enter. The college application sent. "Finally!" We cheered as I jumped all over the place.

A crash cane from outside. Tikki ran into my bag in fear. I body twitched instantaneously, and I bolted towards my rounded window to see a car flying over Paris.

She flew out of my purse. "Looks like we got ourselves another akuma attack." She looked down, gasped, and ducked.

"Tikki what is it?" I peered down as well to see Adrien at the front of my apartment. "Adrien?"

He looked up to see me and smiled. "Hi Marinette!"

"What are you doing here this late at night?" A crash echoed. "And when there's an akuma attack?" And can you leave so I can transform?!

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened a couple weeks back." He put his hand behind his head. "I—"

"Look Adrien," I sighed while also vigorously tapped my finger against the window frame, "that's nice and all," another crash of a heavy object, "but it's not safe right now!"

"Then can I come in to seek shelter?"

I'm in the rabbit hole! "Look Adrien, you're not welcome in my house."

"But I would need shelter from Luka right?"

"Yeah but—" I paused, "how do you know the akumatized victim is Luka?"

He began to sweat in the cold night. "Uh well you see... uhh..."

I gasped. "Did you akumatize him?!"

"I uhh... I don't know." He shrugged in the most uncomfortable way possible. "Marinette I—"

"Don't bother asking me for shelter." I snapped and slammed my window shut. My feet gave out, and next thing I knew, tears were coming out of my eyes.

"Marinette," Tikki consoled me, "don't worry, Adrien's gone now! It's going to be okay."

I wiped the streams off my cheeks. "Let's de-evilize Luka." I whispered, "Tikki, transform me[spots on!]" so my parents wouldn't hear.

—————

She slammed her window. So much for my plan... Adrien what the crap are you doing? You're ruining everything!

Plagg flew out of my jacket. "I'm assuming I'm needed." He said in the most unmotivated voice ever.

"Plagg transform me[claws out]!" I shouted not too loud.

I used my staff as a catapult, and flung over to where Luka was. Ladybug was already there. Interesting though, Luka wasn't transformed into a intimidating villain. He was still his original self, but according to his stressed facial expressions and intense body language, he's definitely going to morph soon.

"Luka," Ladybug shouted, "you have to fight! You can overtake Hawkmoth!"

He grunts in pain. "He's too powerful! I can't tune him out." He unwillingly ran over to a car to toss in the air. I eyed the vehicle, and it was heading straight toward a couple. Instinctively, I leaped over and extended my staff to push the car away from them.

"I'm sorry!" Luka shouted in desperation. "I can't hold on much longer!"

"Where's the akuma hiding?!" I demanded.

He slowly lifted up his guitar pick. His whole body was shaking violently. My father was preventing him from moving any further. Tears were streaming down his face. That's the first time I had ever seen him cry.

Ladybug sprinted to the pick. Her hands were just centimeters away, but Luka's arm gave out, making Ladybug trip past him. The purple butterfly outline around his face flowed recklessly, and consumed Luka's whole body starting from his hand. He was officially akumatized into the Silencer again. His guitar pick grew to be a board of some kind.

He jumped on his board, flew away to cause havoc. I ran over to the distraught Ladybug. "Ladybug?"

She stood up. Her face filled with determination and rage. "At least we know where his akuma is hiding. Let's go, he looked like he was going to the Eiffel Tower."

"Right!" I leaped over with my staff.

The tower was dark and gloomy. Kind of scary to be honest. I remembered that Silencer has the power to steal voices. There were not many people on the streets; fewer people to affect. Ladybug landed first. Then as did I. I looked up to the sky to see the stars have disappeared, and clouds sneered their ugly faces. It might rain.

She looked at me. Her cocked head indicates a question if there was any sign of him. I shrugged in response.

Suddenly, I was pulled to the other end of the tower. A dark figure pinned me down. He covered my mouth and shushed at me. My green voice ghost thing flew up and got absorbed by Luka. Crap.

He eyed my miraculous, my ring. Wait this doesn't make sense. My father doesn't need my ring. Why is he trying to take it? His fingers grasped on so fast, I didn't noticed he moved. A red round object wrapped around Silencer's body.

"Luka no!" She yanked her string back to react the yo-yo. He didn't react. His hands were in fists. She looked at me and gasped.

I looked at myself. White jacket... black shirt... blue jeans... orange shoes. I looked to the ground to see Plagg, hungry for Camembert. I touched my face in utter desperation that my mask was still on.

It wasn't.

This was Luka's plan.

[End Of Chapter 7]

How's everyone's weekend?