Chapter 10

Present Day - This Chapter Contains Strong Language!

I remembered. I remembered loud and clear. Every single detail. I remembered sparing Hawkmoth because I figured out he was my father. I remembered that I told Nathalie those harsh things about Marinette, so she wouldn't think of anything, but I didn't realize that I voice commanded my phone. I remembered long and painful nights of watching over a building seeing Luka and her getting closer and closer.

I remembered hating it.

Then I remembered forgetting it. Because I remembered that my father told me what the miraculous can do if the ladybug and cat ones are combined. I remembered my father saying how much he really does love me. I remembered that I must get Marinette's earrings.

But then I looked at her...What am I going to do?

"Marinette," I said softly, "I'm so sorry. But I want to say that this was all a big misunderstanding!"

"Adrien-"

"Like I can explain why I spared Hawkmoth, and I can explain why I didn't visit at the hospital, and and and—"

"Adrien!"

I closed my mouth. She looked me dead in the eye.

"Have been listening to me? Sure explain why you spared Hawkmoth or why you said the things you said... I really don't care. Your cataclysm destroyed an entire building. All of us were in there!"

"Didn't you use Lucky Charm?" I asked in a probably rude attitude.

She gave me a disgusted look. "What the hell? Were you even listening? Of course I used Lucky Charm. But I tripped and fell while the rest managed to get out. How am I supposed to reverse whatever happened if I'm getting crushed by rocks and my lucky object being out of arms reach?"

I am so stupid. "Right. Look, I wish I could explain to you everything. I promise you everything I have done was for the better." I just realized how bad that came out. "No wait Marinette!"

She slapped her forehead. "Adrien, if you could explain this one thing, then I will forgive you."

"Yes! I will be able to explain anything!"

"Why did you hurt us?"

Except that. How do I explain that?! That Hawkmoth's my father and bring someone near and dear to our hearts back from a permanent coma? She's not even going to believe that even if I made it convincing.

"I thought so." She stood up.

Shit did I not mean to not answer! "Marinette no!"

"It's time for me to move on Adrien."

I reached out my hand in hopes she'll come back. "I promise I will explain everything! Now just isn't the right time!"

She didn't turn back, but she chuckled. "You know? For a 'very good friend' and superhero, you lie more than Lila."

—————

Weeks past and I haven't spoken to Marinette since my reveal. She didn't tell anyone of my identity. I guess it's because we both have secrets on each other it's not an unspoken packed. I miss talking to her though. Three years were tough enough, but these past couple months have been notoriously painful. I miss her smile. I miss her laughter. I miss her.

"Adrien!" A voice shouted.

"Yes Madam?!" I replied quickly to avoid punishment.

"I need to speak with you at the end of day."

The entire class murmured.

The end of day rang through my ears. I walked up to the teacher, and she looked disappointed.

"Mr. Agreste," she began, "it seems that you're failing Chemistry. You currently have a 59 in the class, and it's dropping rapidly."

"I'm sorry Madam," I frowned in embarrassment, "I will do better, I promise!"

"If your grade is below a 70 by the end of the year," she adjusted her glasses, "I'm afraid you won't be able to graduate."

"What?!"

"You have about another semester left. That's almost 3 months. We only have 3 rather large exams that can raise your grade up."

I have so many modeling gigs though. How will I find time?!

"And I have notified your father that you will be getting a tutor. One of my brightest in fact." There was a knock at the door. "And here she is. Come in!"

She? You don't mean...

"Madam?" A familiar voice spoke, "you wanted to see me?"

"Yes Miss. Dupain-Cheng," she smiled, "Mr. Agreste will be your new student to tutor."

"What? Him?" She pointed at me in a defense.

"What? Her?" I pointed at her at the same time.

"Yes," The teacher nodded, "Marinette is this year's commencement speaker, and my brightest chemistry student. She has tutored many of the students in the grade, so this won't be any different."

"But-" I was about to say something, but Marinette cut me off.

"Not a problem Madam," Marinette replies instantly, "Adrien's grade will be up to standards by the end of the year."

"Good," The teacher smiled, "I expect nothing but good things from you two."

She grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the classroom. "Seriously?"

"What?" I asked, confused by her actions.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes, "I'll be over to your house in two hours."

—————

I went into the car where Gorilla was driving. He actually greeted me with a smile which was unusual. He handed me a screen with my father on FaceTime. The famous designer looked jovial, almost too jovial.

"Yes father?"

"Adrien," he smiled wide, "well done, you have found out who Ladybug is."

My eyes widened. "Oh Thank you! But how did you find out without me telling you right away?"

"I have a recording device on your suit."

Of course he does. I mean Marinette still hates me, and she was acting so rude to me after school. "And I have more news."

"Yes?"

"I purposely failed chemistry, so she can be my tutor. I can analyze her behavioral patterns and find the best time to steal her earrings."

He paused then smiled even wider. "Well done Adrien."

"I could steal her earrings in the middle of a tutoring session, and you can use it without anyone outside knowing."

"That wouldn't be safe Adrien," His smiled dropped, "There are too many important people around us to risk such a thing. There must be another time."

What does he mean by too many important people? Then I remembered something big. "She's the commencement speaker for graduation! There are a ton of students and parents on that stage. My name is in the very beginning, so I can take them off easy."

His smiled morphed grim. "Perfect."

[End Of Chapter 10]

The tea!!!!