Chapter 2

I watch the cars drive by on the opposite side of the street. The birds are flying high and proud in the clear, blue sky. Children with their parents frolicking about the parks. They waved. I didn't wave back.

My father popped on the intercom screen. He began relaying the directions to me:

"Hello Adrien. I'm once again grateful you want to join me on my quest. Our quest. We have your miraculous. All we need now is Ladybug's miraculous. Noroo has enlightened us that the ladybug miraculous belongs to a young woman in the public school that you have went to three years ago. Noroo also said that she is clever. That being said, it's not a lot to go off on, but it is something. Do you have any ideas?"

I thought for a moment. The top five that could think of that stand out are Kagami, Marinette, Chloe, Alix, and Juleka. "I have some."

"Good. Your mission is to take her miraculous, a pair of earrings, and bring them to me."

"Yes, father."

"And Adrien," he took a small pause, "I understand that you have had some friendships and perhaps maybe strong connections with some of the girls at this school."

He's not wrong there.

He continued. "However, you cannot let your emotions interfere with the mission. Understood?"

I thought back to the friendships I have made... or had made... Some of them stopped talking to me, and I don't know why. But this does make my mission a little less difficult to handle.

"Understood father."

—————

I looked up to see the entrance to the school. It's a miracle that this is the last year I will step foot in this school as a student. Next year I would be an alumnus. I watched as students in my year enter the building with either open or rather lazy arms. Senioritis has already struck. The epidemic is in the rise.

"Marinette!" A familiar voice called out.

I glanced over to see Alya sprinting toward me. "Wow, and I'm usually the late one."

She huffed and puffed. "Yeah, I think I'm slowly becoming you with the exception of designer talents of course."

We shared a laugh as we entered the building doors. The bustling of students greeting each other for the first time in forever revenged throughout the courtyard.

"So what was the surprise that you mentioned earlier this morning?" I asked.

Alya pulled my arm and dragged me down to her locker. She pulled out some books to put into her locker, and then she pulled out a carefully wrapped box with a pink bow on top.

"What's this?" I said as I lifted the box from her hand. The box was fairly light.

"Open it."

I opened the lid to see a letter with a wax insignia of the letter "M." The back read my name in beautifully cursive calligraphy. I peeled the wax seal and opened the envelope to read the following:

Marinette,

I hope you're having a great first day back at high school. Senior year! So exciting!

Anyways, I'm writing to you because I'm going to come back to Paris for a little bit to perform a show. You're the special guest if that's okay with you! If not, don't be afraid to tell me. I do not want to hurt your feelings or embarrass you!

Also I miss you.

I miss your ocean blue eyes. Your mysterious midnight hair. Your bubbly and perfect personality. I miss everything about you.

I'll be awaiting for your answer!

Luka C.

"Wow girl," Alya cheered, "you got yourself a strong keeper! Also you're blushing so hard right now!"

I touched my cheeks, they were burning red with blush. "Luka is the sweetest boy I have ever met. I'm so glad to have him as my boyfriend."

A loud gasp was heard from the distance. I snapped my head to the sound, but nothing was there. "I should tell Luka that I'd be honored to be his special guest!"

"Atta girl!" Alya playfully punched my arm. The warning bell rang loudly for the entire population of Paris to hear. "Let's get to class. We don't want to be late."

We were off to class, but I kept turning my head back to the direction of the noise. Something about it seemed off... yet familiar.

—————

Marinette is dating Luka? That's hard to believe. I remember back then she would be almost obsessive. Not Chloe obsessive, but enough to get my attention occasionally. I remember her stuttering sentences which for some reason only happened when I'm around and her determined personality. She was clumsy no doubt, but something about her clumsiness seemed cute.

But then one day, she stopped talking to me. It's not just her. Nino, Alya, and Marinette all stopped talking to me. I don't know why. Maybe because I left? But they know and understand that my father can be a little... overprotective. Could I have already been compromised from the start? Definitely not.

They know something that I don't. I need to ask around. Who could I ask? Alix? They chat but not all the time. Maybe Kagami knows something. Alya has turned her Ladyblog into a regular blog site, and she sometimes post pictures with her and Kagami.

What am I doing? I need follow through with my mission!

[End of Chapter 2]

Some changes occurred while Adrien was gone.

I felt a little nice and decided to post this chapter early. Next chapter up sometime next week!