Chapter 15

"Welcome to the graduation ceremony of 20xx!" A voice echoed in the distant outdoors. "In ten minutes, we would ask you all to be in your seats as we take the next steps for your children's life."

The scene was packed. People of all ages and sizes walked amongst the auditorium. I looked around to see families of friends who I've never seen all together before. Lights were shining brightly down onto the stage. And here I was sitting at the very seat next to the principal, superintendent, and podium.

I eyed Kagami who was standing stealthily by the exit doors. Chloe got her father to heighten up security. Alya and Nino were reassuring me that everything would be okay. I have a secret in my purse. All as planned. Luka's in the audience, looking rather anxious. I decided to text him.

Luka, you okay? I sent to his phone. Almost immediately, my phone buzzed with a reply.

It's hard to explain, he answers, remember when we were researching the Ultimate Power?

Yea, I remember.

That saying that you guys have said. 'Equal trade.' It's puzzling me. There has to be something more.

What is it?

"Hey Marinette!" A voice called out from a distance. It was Adrien waving his hand excitedly. "You mind if I sit here?"

I shoved my phone down my purse. "I don't really have a say in that since you're the first one to be called. Sure."

He sat down, twiddling his thumbs and sweeping his feet back and forth as if he were on a swing. "How are you doing?"

"Good. I see you past your chemistry final." I chuckled nervously.

"Oh yeah, thanks to you!" He took out the charm I gave him three years ago. "Thanks to my lucky charm!"

"You... you kept that?" I was shocked to see the assortment of beads again.

He nodded and had a warm smile.

"We would like family and friends to please take their seats!" The announcer spoke loudly through the microphone. "We would like to get started soon!"

The chatters were getting louder. I looked down. "Adrien I know what you're going to do today. Please I'm begging you don't do this!"

His smile faded. "I thought the charm would change your mind. Guess not."

The audience was then silent. The superintendent gave her speech, then the principal. Soon the principal called my name. Applause was filling the room then faded away as I walked up to the podium. I quietly placed my speech on the wooden surface, making sure I started on the right word.

I took a deep breath, and I looked at Luka. He radiates a smile. "Imagine a dark room. It's quiet, pitch black, almost as if hope was not there. But then you see your child, your friend, your student bravely walk to the middle of the room and turn on the light. Now, you see a brightly lit room with a future so bright, you will need sunglasses. We are the class of 20xx, we make sure the light is turned on when Hope seems lost."

I look to my class. "You look on stage to see your child, your friend, your student in probably the best behavior they've been all your life. They all wear the same cap and gown but they hold a variety of paths to choose from. Some good, some bad, some scary, and some hopeful." I looked at Adrien and gave a small frown. "And I know in my heart, they will always choose the right path"

I turned my head back to the audience, feeling his presence getting close. I close my eyes and continued to speak, knowing very well what will happen next. "Senior year has taught us something more than textbooks and homework could ever teach. Senior year taught us ambition to reach for greatness, to run for goals that seem out of reach, and," I opened my eyes and turned myself around Adrien just mere inches from me, "rekindle the once lost."

He was in tears, hands reaching for my ears. Everyone watched. I eyed my team to stand down.

I shut my eyes right for a second then opened them wide, grabbing my earrings and taking them off. I put them in my right hand while taking the microphone with my left. "Families, friends, students, teachers. I am Ladybug." Everyone gasped. "I have seen, lived, and battled events that not everyone can experience. I chose my path to protect the city of Paris from Hawkmoth." I took a deep breath. "And Chat Noir," chatter was building. Tikki flew out of my bag watching carefully at Plagg who was also looking at his owner. I stuck the earrings out in front of Adrien. He gasped then we locked eyes. "I hope you choose the right path."

The audience dropped quiet, waiting for Adrien's decision to either take or refuse my miraculous. I could see Ayla, Chloe, and Nino sweating bullets. I looked back to Adrien whose emeralds steamed salty tears down his cheek.

He shook his head and whispered, so only he and I could hear.

"Please, I just want my mother back."

His hand snatched my earrings and threw them out to the audience where his father caught them seamlessly, laughing maniacally.

Civilians began heading towards the door where they shut and locked, leaving everyone inside. Kagami was tied up and gagged next to the sound machine. My parents were helping her free. Gabriel Agreste took out his son's ring, clipped on his wings, and attached my earrings. "Now... Ultimate Power... Transform me!"

Noroo, Tikki, and Plagg were sucked into their respectively miraculous, morphing them into a dark purple rather than their usual spots and paw print. My team transformed, disregarding whether they are seen or not. Lightning emitted from Hawkmoth's body, blinding us to his final form. I shielded the brightness to see Gabriel Agreste completely a dark purple with golden ribbons and fire surrounding him. His grin seeped chaos. I looked at Adrien who was in a mix of emotions.

"Finally," Mr. Agreste's voice echoed, layered with deep and high voices, "I can bring her back!"

Carapace and Queen Bee attempted to a convergent move by combining his shield and her stinger and sending it straight to him, but failed, disintegrating not even half way through its journey.

Hawkmoth raised his hands high, glowing a deep red.

I looked at Adrien again.

He was smiling.

[End Of Chapter 15]

Spiccyyyy!!!!