Chapter 7

||> A Little Bit Closer <||

"P-please! Don't hurt me!"

"Then tell us where she is, right now!"

Abyo gritted his teeth to prevent himself from going into further unnecessary actions because he was gripping the shirt of one of Tobe's ninja minions whom they've caught plundering around the bamboo forest and was marking some kind of a red X on the ground for some reason.

"I-I.." the ninja stuttered, his eyes nervously darting from one person to the other before to another. "I.." he trailed off once again and bowed his head, almost as if in shame that caused Abyo to loosen his hold on him.

"NEVER!" Abyo's arm was then, suddenly grabbed and twisted by the ninja, leading him to scream in pain and in surprise.

The boy silently cursed to himself for losing his guard down as he shotted glaring daggers at the enemy. "Abyo! Are you okay?" Ching worriedly asked after she rushed to his side and check on his injured arm. The said boy shook his head and genuinely smiled at her. "Don't worry, I'm fine. This is just nothing." He reassures her with a wink that made Ching blush for a second.

Abyo then, returned his attention back at the minion who was already positioned to battle. "So that's how you wanna play, huh?" He asked as he started to stretch his muscles and crack his bones, warming himself up for the fight he never expected would happen. "It's new. What happened to the little scaredy minions we had fought with? Had they realised how much of a coward they were?" He taunted him with a playful smirk etched on his lips.

The ninja only stared down at him with narrowed eyes before he lightly scoffed. "Those minions are nowhere to be found anymore, because the ninjas are here to take you down."

Uncle Dumpling and his brothers prepared themselves for the fight as well, "and here we thought you would be an easy target." Linguini stated as he rolled up his long ponytailed hair to prevent it from turning into a wild mess afterwards.

"That's just what you think."

Immediately, the ninja ran to them in an incredible speed and had landed a punch into Linguini's gut that caused him to tumble backwards, but thanks to Ho and Dumpling's critical instincts, they caught their brother in no time.

"Ack!" Linguini yelped. "He's right about that, unfortunately." He said, his feet back on the ground and his hand rubbing the spot that the newly transformed ninja had hit.

"Don't worry Linguini, we'll take him out!" Ching exclaimed, her stance ready to battle the man before them.

Although, Abyo settled that for less. "What? No! You're not fighting him. You're going to get hurt!" He worriedly proclaimed as he gently pulled her back from the small battlefield they have created upon themselves.

But Ching didn't back down from him, despite his attempt to protect her from harm. "Oh come on, Abyo! We are ninja's! A little bit of pain isn't supposed to keep us unsustained!" She retorted back, placing both of her hands at her hips. Abyo groaned at her feisty petition, he knew she was a fighter, but he would always be annoyed when she claps back at these types of arguements. "I'm just making sure you won't get hurt!" He exclaimed with a raised brow. "Well, I'm capable of handling myself — thank you very much!" A red-faced Ching screeched.