Chapter 14

||> Blessing <||

Present day; 3 days later...

The sound of the falling water streamed and flowed unto the roots of the forest. The sun's rays pierced through the small gaps of leaves clustered around branches of trees, landing themselves on the fresh green grass below and right by two figures lying side by side with their hands entwined.

The wind softly blew through the two lovers; taking their small talks, laughters, and kisses along the way.

"Of course Abyo would do that." The raven haired girl giggled as her lover bantered about his best friend's silly habits.

Garu could only chuckle at his lover's demeanor. "Same old, same old – he never changes." He added as he slowly looked up at the clear blue sky that warmed his eyes. But the sound of Pucca's voice warmed his heart, tugging and pulling his heartstrings that led him to face her without hesitation. "Not even his feelings for Ching? It seems like the two nowadays have been a little too close, don't you think?" She asked all the while staring at his dark orbs.

His eyes sparkled for a moment as he released a small laugh, "oh, I do think so as well. He might be that stuck-up and dense idiot for most of the time, but when it comes to that girl –" he paused to shake his head in disbelief, "he sure is smitten about her." He claimed with a victorious smirk on his face before he closed his eyes and placed both of his hands behind his head.

Pucca's eyes widened in astonishment with this new information that she had picked up. "Really?" She questioned that Garu answered with a silent nod. "Well, I mean – I hoped that Abyo would like Ching someday at some point, but I never thought that he'd fall for her that deep." She replied in surprise. "What changed?" She curiously added, leaning closer to the village hero.

The boy hummed quietly to himself. He tried to rack his brain for any source that could answer the girl's question, and his mind wandered off to one memory where Abyo had subtly talked to him about his feelings for his sister. "I remember something he said to me some time ago." He started. "It's a little vague for me to remember, but I could somehow form what he was trying to say. He was coming off a little shy as he was opening up to me about it." And a sigh came afterwards.

"He said some things somewhere in the lines of 'if only there was a chance that I could tell her – show her, all the finer things in life, I would've done it in a heartbeat. But even the most simple words that I could say to her – I can't make it out. It's like she has this sort of spell that she casts on me whenever she comes around.' Heck –" Garu scoffed. "– he even asked me if it was karma trying to get back at him for not realizing his feelings for Ching so soon."

Pucca could only blink profusely at the boy's memory with both shock and surprise written all over her face. "And you told me that you vaguely remembered that." She said. "You both truly are best friends."

The boy lightly chuckled, "do count on it sweet-cheeks," he stated as he cupped one of her cheeks and lightly caressed it.

The girl closed her eyes as well before smirking at him. "Best friends who can't express their feelings that well – I give that to the both of you." She then, triumphantly giggled before turning her back against him.

Garu was stunned. "W-what? Hey! Why did you have to drag me along with that?" He protested as he scooted closer to his beloved and wrapped an arm around her tiny waist. He knew she was joking around but of course, he would like to hear her side of their little funny love story.