Chapter 12

||> Ching & Abyo <||

Four days ago...

The white ceiling of the hospital room was the first thing Abyo saw after he fluttered his eyes open. He also had took in the medicinal scent the room had took off, and honestly, it soothed him down under all of the heavy stress and burdens he had come across the past few days. He couldn't believe that everything flew by too fast and, luckily, they all survived the horrid attacks and saved Pucca. It certainly gave his body a whole lot of wreckage than it should have been, he could just feel his bones cracking itself with every move he takes as he tries to sit up.

"Ugh, damn these crackling bones." He murmured to himself as he tried to stretch out his muscle to ease the tension building up inside them.

"You're one to talk." He heard a giggle following after that sentence and he immediately knew who's voice that belonged to.

He whipped his head beside him to find no other than the female ninja sitting up beside him on a different hospital bed, her once braided twin pigtails were now flowing loosely over her shoulders that showed how long and wavy they were, she was also out of her normal everyday clothes that consisted of a purple dress that was replaced by what he knew was a hospital gown, and most of her skin were covered in clean white bandages. "Ching." He called.

The said girl chuckled lightly as she raised a hand to her lips. "Hi, Abyo." She greeted. "How are you?" She asked with kind eyes looking after him.

Abyo felt his cheeks slowly heat up – much to the fact that he was baffled with just seeing her and that he was star-struck at her beauty – as he tried to casually look away whilst dryly coughing to clear his throat out. "I-I'm fine! I-I don't even f-feel nothing!" He stuttered although he tried to act tough with a hardcore skin, it failed miserably when he heard Ching laugh out loud at his attempt to impress – but he didn't mind either way as a small smile creeped up to his face.

"Yeah, sure. You don't feel anything.." she trailed off before her voice toned down to a minimum volume to whisper to herself but, Abyo heard her next words loud and clear. "Like how you don't feel anything for me." It sounded inaudible for any person to hear, alas he was an exception. He might not be as sharp and agile as Garu is, he was still a ninja in training but that doesn't mean his skills weren't developed and he sure as hell heard her sharply as those words had escaped her mouth.

The male ninja looked at her in disbelief, his eyebrows furrowing ever so sternly. "That's not true." He interjected as he watched the girl's eyes grew wide in surprise, realising that she has been heard, she whipped her head to face him. "You heard that?" She gasped, the look in her face could not have concluded anything more than what she had told so far. He could only nod his head in silence as his reply to her before both had run into the awkward quietness.

It hasn't been five minutes and things started to escalate quickly between the two. The reason why Ching even had the guts to say so is because, she had his previous words stuck in her mind a long way as they have battled and fought. She never – not even once – had forgotten those three words that he shouted at her before they got inside Tobe and the Vagabond Ninja Clan's base. She never even forgot about it after they defeated Tobe and his gang, after they rescued Pucca, after they got into the Sooga Hospital, and even after she was treated by a few nurses and a doctor. Her mind hadn't forgotten the slightest details that lead to Abyo's sudden outburst of a confession. She admitted to herself that it made her heart flutter and explode in a million ways possible, but she wasn't sure if he only said that because it was the only way to shut her up from that conversation or if he only blurted that out in anger through gritted teeth.