Chapter 15

||> The Ring <||

Two weeks later...

"Huh, that's funny."

"What is?" Garu asked, sitting by the edge of a waterfall with his legs dangling over the high cliff. Both he and Pucca had decided to take another one of their nature sight-seeing for the day. Everything has gone into place ever since he had come out with his outburst of a confession in front of the three master chefs and the whole village, and it seems as if fate had worked well with them and had also fell in love with the two's little love story so far. He wouldn't have expected that things between them would sky-rocket immediately after the blessing, but he liked how the progress was going so far, and there wasn't anything else that was stopping them both now.

"I think I remembered doing something here at this exact same place, I just can't remember what." Pucca proclaimed as she looked over the high end of the waterfall, staring at the fog of the water that splashed and bubbled up beneath them. It was a long way down, she could tell, but the pit of her stomach could comprehend the level of height that they were in. She had remembered something and it has been bugging her for quite a while ever since they both had stepped into the top of the waterfall, she just couldn't put a finger onto what her mind had rattled her on and about.

Garu could only do nothing but shrug his shoulders. "Well, is it something important?" He asked.

"It must be," Pucca replied, "I think I remember myself desperately doing something here." She sat down next to the boy as she let her slender fingers play amongst the trickling water beside them. The cold temperature of the running water casted a tiny shiver to run across her spine. "I wonder what I did.." she murmured, her eyebrows furrowing a little bit from frustration.

She then, heard him chuckle. "Don't fret, sweetie. It'll come up to you sooner or later." He answered as he playfully splashed Pucca with the water beside them.

The girl closed her eyes due to the small droplets of water that had splashed on her face, "h-hey!" Taking this as a challenge from him, she laughed before she splashed him back in revenge but with a larger amount of water.

But, of course, with Garu's nature of not backing down a single fight, he launched her back with the same amount that she had given him. "Take that!" He exclaimed, playfully smirking at the raven haired girl.

Pucca lightly scoffed, "oh, it's on!" And the water battle begins.

The two started to play amongst the water, continuously splashing and spraying each other. It had been a few minutes until their legs were already in the water, it would take for a few more of their play-offs before the both of them would launch beneath the water and swim into the depths of it. And in between their little water fight, Garu was hanging on the losing end – and he wasn't up for a minor loss – he knew that his chances of soaking Pucca was getting thin. But, there was one thing in his mind that he wanted to try, it was a risk where he eventually gets to be soaked up wet first, though he knew that it was going to be worth the while.

He took a glimpse behind him to see the blue sky and the edge of the high cliff. "Catch me if you can!" Garu shouted at her before he dashed to the edge of the waterfall, jumped over, and dived to the water below.

Pucca sharply gasped in surprise, running after him but stopped herself by the edge and watched how the ninja hero did multiple flips before he had plunged himself down in the water. She knew that Garu could pull off some clever stunts of his own, but jumping off of a high cliff was beyond than what she was expecting.