Chapter 7

Thanos's mind was racing, it wasn't as if he could say no. He had to save Shrek or he would never forgive himself. After all, Shrek might be the one.

"Matt, you creep. Fine, whatever. Now chuck me the onion!" Matt gave a fulfilled smile, throwing the onion into Thanos's chunky hands. As Thanos ran off to serve Shrek, Matt stared at his muscles flex. Once Thanos hooks up with him, there would be no more Thanos and Shrek. It would always be Matt and Thanos. Always and forever. Which reminded him-

"Thanos! Under no condition can you tell Shrek about the night! Or I will kill him!"

Thanos mistakenly shrugged Matt's threat off innocently while running, supposing a small man like that could do no harm to an ogre. Although on the inside, Thanos was terrified of this one night he had promised Matt. It could come between him and Shrek. It could ruin everything. Curse Thanos, being an honest man who always stuck to his word. He couldn't tell Shrek, but he would tell him the circumstances after the night.

Arriving at Shrek's location, Thanos stumbled over to his lover who had a pool of blood encasing his green, pudgy body.

"Gamora, if you were wrong... " Thanos cursed under his breath as he split the onion open with his muscular hands. He flipped Shrek over gently, (using a move from bed), and rubbed the vegetable over Shrek's red wounds.

"Shrek you can do it. You can come back. Shrek, Shrek, Shrek! Shrek, Shrek, Shrek! Shrek, Shrek, Shrek!" Thanos started chanting as a way to both support Shrek and calm himself. After a few more minutes, with no noises emitting from Shrek, Thanos lay back against the concrete floor. Did he need a specific type of onion? Why wasn't Shrek waking up? Thanos knew then, he had never felt so emotional about any living thing. Not even Gamora. Shrek was his everything. He needed him to wake up. Sitting up, determined to wake up his love, Thanos regained his composure and slapped Shrek right across his silent face. Surprised at his sudden outbreak, Thanos took a moment to breathe in Shrek's aura, before it faded into the world of the dead. Thanos studied every inch of Shrek's face, for he never wanted to forget the one special night he had with this beautiful man. Was this it? Was Thanos going to have to say goodbye? Thanos bowed his head, hoping for a miracle. Through the blur of his tears, Thanos saw Shrek's hairy chest rise and fall.

"Shrek?" He cried, "Shrek?" Shrek winced as he moved his arm to touch Thanos's leg. Under his breath, Shrek murmured a few inaudible words. "What?" Thanos choked, overjoyed at Shrek's revival.

"Take me to the fucking hospital." Shrek coughed.

"Oh, oh. Of course, yeah. Here we go." Cautiously Thanos swung Shrek over his shoulder, lugging him to the nearest hospital. A thought crossed Thanos's mind, that if the Ogre God was kind enough to bring Shrek back to life, maybe he and Shrek were meant to be. He had to wait and see.