17. Everything was finally looking up

Beth's POV

Last night was a blur. I'm not exactly sure what happened all I remember is coming home. I walked down the stairs to find Em asleep on the sofa. She must have been really tired but the thing that caught my eye was that she was smiling. A proper smile not the fake one that she puts on everyday so nobody would worry. I wonder why? There was a rush of possibilities running through my head but I'm not sure which to go with. I hadn't realised that Em had woken up and was looking at me as if I was a freak. Well I was staring at her while she was asleep.

"Luke, he asked me out last night and I said yes!" She must have realised that she was smiling and that's why I was staring. Everything was finally looking up. " So, what happened?" I asked, wondering how he charmed the uncharmable Em. Ever since we were kids, guys would hit on her and she wouldn't even notice or be affected. Em began explaining all the events of last night and all I could think about was what Luke had planned "When does this date take place" A frown appeared on her face, she forgot but as if in cue her phone went off and that smile reappeared she flashed the phone in my direction, it read:

From Lukey <3

Hey, I realise we never decided when to have this date. How about tonight at 7? I'll come pick you up. Wear something cool. see you late xxx

Checking the time it was 12 and Em starting freaking out. We ended up going shopping for something new, you could tell that this was her first date and that she was extremely nervous. She brought a new pair of high waisted, light blue shorts and a black crop top with the Rolling Stones on it. All finished off with the black high top converse I brought her for her birthday.

Checking my phone while Em got ready I found a message from Mr. Hemmings.

Em's POV

Beth was amazing. She helped me big time. I was wearing the new shorts and top I brought today, black hightop converse with my hair in a slightly messy bun. Beth told me not to wear any makeup because ' natural beauty is the best' but I think she knows what the date is about an doesn't want me worrying about my makeup smudging.

Making my way down stairs, I found Beth sitting on the phone probably Ash. I was right because once she saw me she said bye love you and hung up before giving me a hug and telling me how beautiful I looked. We say down and talked about all sorts seeing as I had about an hour left. " I remember my first date with Ashton!" I was going to ask what happened but was cut off.

" He took me to an All Time Low concert and then we had pizza. It was just amazing, he even put vanilla candles around the room. I can't wait for you to have this date. When you come back I want every detail." I nodded as I heard a horn beep, he must have asked Ashton to drive us or something. I feel so nervous that I might faint. But I'm also so excited. What could this amazing boy that stands before me have planned???