Kira heads back to Japan

Kira and Ryuk started walking on the sidewalk again. You can tell by the look on Kira's face that he was thinking really hard on this one. They both remained silent all the way to the airport. "Eh, are we gonna go on another plane?" Ryuk asked. "Yes, we're heading to Japan." He smirked. Kira thought of a plan.

Kira's thought process on the way to the airport

"How do I get out of this?! Near drew first blood. He has the advantage right now. My only advantage is that I can't die under almost any circumstance. It's important that Near doesn't find out how to kill me. Otherwise, it's over. Near knows I'm Light and that I'm a shinigami. He's probably already predicted that I may have a current existing death note from when I was Light, or that I may have a new death note. The one I have, is the one Amane Misa used to have. Right now, nobody but Ryuk should be able to see me because Near supports this theory based on that call. I'll need to somehow trick the Shinigami Overlord to receive another death note. This way, the power will be bestowed upon a living human. I'll need to gather Kira supporters."

Once again, Kira and Ryuk fly on a plane to Japan. This flight took many hours, but they managed to survive it without eating a single apple. The people on the plane were mostly sleeping the majority of the way there, but the flight was overall very monotonous.

The next day, the plane arrived at the airport and everyone exited the plane. They were in Tokyo, Japan late at night. Kira went to a television that broadcasted a news channel and he started writing the name's of criminals once again. He stood there for 5 hours just continuously writing people's names.

Suddenly, he just puts his utensil and his death note away and starts walking off, ahead of Ryuk. "Hey, wait for me!" Ryuk calls out for him. Kira continues to walk, so Ryuk flies to catch up. "Where are we going now?" Ryuk asks. "We're heading to my hometown. This is the origin of Kira. Near is probably going to set up his investigation team here, or he might stay in America, I don't know. For now, we need to find some apples." Kira intended.

Right now, they're in the Kanto region. This is where Light lived, they didn't describe in the series where in the Kanto he lived but I'm going to assume he lived somewhere in Tokyo. Now, back to the story.

Kira and Ryuk passed by what seemed like millions of people, maybe even more than who they passed by in New York. As they were going along the damp sidewalk, they stopped by a grocery store. As they went inside, they were looking for apples. They walked through every hall in the grocery store, until they found the produce section, in the back left corner.

As Kira was about to pick up an apple and eat it, he realized something important. They were both invisible to everyone around them, so he needed to get a human to buy him an apple. "Wait! Don't pick up the apple!" He commanded Ryuk. "Oh I forgot. How am I going to get my apples now?" He asked. Kira pulled out his death note and wrote down a random bystander's name in the store. He wrote down details of his death saying that he will buy 6 apples and he will die of a heart attack in the alleyway adjacent to the grocery store.

As Kira wrote in the death note, this stranger bought six apples and died in a alleyway corner. Kira and Ryuk started eating the delicious apples one by one. "Wasn't that wrong?" Ryuk asked him. "Yes, it probably was. However, he probably committed some evil in his life. Besides, somebody had to die to get us these apples, it was just his unlucky day." Kira answered so blatantly. They remained silent as they ate the rest of the apples.

"Why do you follow me Ryuk? I no longer own your death note, so why are you here?" Kira asks. "Because everything in the shinigami realm is so boring. You make things interesting." Ryuk responded. Kira nods in understanding.

"I need to find Kira worshippers again. I won't be able to use Misa because she's already cut her lifespan in half twice, so using her wouldn't be any good. Everyone else is dead, so I'm gonna need to find people somehow." Kira informs him. "Yes, where do we start?" Ryuk asks. "We'll start back on square one again." Kira said with slight disappointment.