Announcement

After 2 months of Kira's judgement, something major happened. Sakura TV, a news broadcast station was sent a package. The manager of the station was obsessed with Kira and even after Near announced his defeat, he still believed that Kira would return. The manager carefully opened the package and found two items: a video tape and a note. He read the contents of the note and he immediately jumped in excitement. He acted like one of those Japanese school girls, if you know what I mean. The contents of the note said the following:

                                                             From Kira

Dear manager/producer of Sakura TV,

Near may have defeated me but I have returned.  I've chosen you to spread my word of my return.  You will play the tape on November 13, 2014 at exactly 12:00 a.m. If you don't, you'll die.  You will broadcast this tape to everyone. The contents of the tape must be unseen until you live broadcast it. If you report this to the police you shall die. After you play the tape to the public, you will immediately dispose of the tape and the note and you'll leave no evidence or trace of both the tape and this note. Please don't disappoint me.

                                                 -Kira

  The manager followed Kira's instructions and aired the tape on November 13, 2014. On November 13, 2014, at 12:10 a.m. noon, everybody quickly tuned to Sakura TV to watch the tape. In the first ten minutes of the tape, it was just a black and white image with a letter K in a calligraphy font. The letter was centered in the image.

  Near quickly stopped his investigation of his current case and immediately tuned to Sakura TV to see this himself.  Suddenly, a voice that was obviously disguised by a voice changer, started speaking. "Hello fellow citizens of the world. I am Kira. I've returned N. I've come back even better than ever.  If anybody dares to challenge me, you shall die. N, I challenge you to stop me. I hereby declare myself as God. I will pass judgement on all. Good luck N." The tape stopped and it returned to the regular Sakura TV channel.

  "This was obviously sent out for me. Could this be Light? It can't be, maybe someone else received a death note. Who is this?" He asks himself. Near continues to ponder on who could have possibly made the tape. A phone rings in the room. Near picks it up and says into it "I'm sorry but an urgent issue has come up and it must require my full attention. I'm afraid we'll have to deal with this later." He hangs up.