Kira begins his judgement once again

Setting: In New York, on September, 2014.

  Kira and Ryuk decided to head to a government building to receive the news on the most recent crimes. Kira pulls out his death note and begins writing the name's of low-end criminals. Name after name after name, Kira kept writing. By the end of the day, he wrote down 1,300 names of criminals. Kira then realized something.

  "Ryuk!" He yelled. "What?" Ryuk was surprised by the look of Kira's face. The last time he saw that have was the time he lost to Near in their final confrontation. "I forgot to kill Near and the rest of the investigation members." Kira tells Ryuk. "Then why don't you just kill them then? " Ryuk remained confused. "I don't remember their true names." Kira felt a sense of defeat. "Well that's a problem now isn't it. Near will probably realize this is your doing. Even if he lives, what can he do to you? " Ryuk questions Kira.

  "That's what I'm afraid of. Wait!" Something came in mind to Kira. "I just realized now, but I have the shinigami eyes! I can see people's name's and their lifespans!" Kira realized. "Oh yes, I forgot. I guess you are a true shinigami." Ryuk is forgetful as always.

  "Now I just need to figure out how to fly, darn it!" Kira speaks in a wretched tone. He attempts use his wings but continues to fail. For those out there who can't move their ears, this struggle is somewhat similar. It's like trying to move an unfamiliar limb that you've never learned how to move. After many attempts, you can see the popped blood vessels on Kira's face. "I give up!" Kira admits defeat. "I need to find a way to locate Near. He's probably solving a case as L's successor right now." He smirks.