SPK Command Center

Near and the other SPK members entered a limousine. The limousine drove off and headed to the airport. Everyone stepped out of the car. They went onto a Boeing-720 and flew to Japan. Nobody really spoke until they got onto the plane.

"We're heading to Japan everyone. We're going to set up in Tokyo. Any questions?" Near asked everyone. "I'm good." Roy commented. "Same." Margaret responded. Tim remained silent. Tim was on his laptop browsing the internet for networking codes.

For the remainder of the flight, they were either sleeping or playing on their electronics. The flight lasted 12 and a half hours straight. When the plane landed, everybody woke up. Tim panicked and jumped out of his seat when Roy tapped his shoulder.

"Calm down man. We're in Japan." Roy was trying to calm him down. Tim isn't suffering a panic attack, so he should be fine. "Sorry, you just surprised me." Tim apologized. Everybody exited the plane and walked out of the terminal.

"Wow! I've never been in Japan before, everything looks ummm.. Suigoi! Yes, that's it!" Margaret said in a Japanese accent. "Are we going to have to learn Japanese Near?" Roy asked. "No, I'll tell you why later." Near answered. Tim was just admiring the city around him in awe. He's also never been in Japan, but he would watch Japanese drama, and anime (in subtitles).

A car drove up to them and they stepped into it. They drove around the city doing some sightseeing until they reached their destination. "We're here." Near spoke. The car stopped and everybody was dropped off. In front of them, was what seemed like an old clothes outlet. The building appeared very old and run-down.

As Near entered the key into the front door lock, he noticed there was a spider web on the nob. They continued going into the building, even though there were more spider webs in the room. Near flipped the light switch and dim lights illuminated the room.

At the back of the room, was an elevator. Roy tried pressing the elevator button, but nothing happened. "Please step aside." Near asked him. Roy backed away from it and Near pressed the button that said In Case of Fire on it and it had a fire helmet icon on it as well. The elevator door opened up and the inside of it looked brand new. Everything around that elevator appeared like it came from the 70s but the elevator appeared to be modern.

Near pressed the button that said N on it and they went down the elevator shaft. When they arrived, they all stepped out and was amazed even more than they were when they went outside the airport. The entire floor was filled with advanced gadgetry, similar to the technology L used on the Kira investigation. There were multiple bedrooms, baths, and rooms filled with tons of paper or boxes.

"Everybody, hopefully you like it but this is where we're going to stay until we solve the Kira investigation once and for all." Near announced. Near asked everybody to be seated in the control center. He needed to talk to everybody about the case.

"Before we start our pursuit on Kira, we need to talk about the risks that can happen by being apart of this investigation. The criminal is capable of killing people by knowing their true name and face, using a death note. A death note is a special notebook that allows you to kill people by writing their names. Does anybody want to leave because we'll understand if you do, some of you may have a life to get back to. I guarantee that this investigation will change your life forever." Near told everybody. Nobody left. "Ok then, let's begin." Near announced.

Near explained everything he knew about the death note; including the 10 rules, Light was Kira, how the notebook works, etc. After he finished explaining, Roy's jaw dropped to the ground. "I'm not even sure my disguise could hide me from this Kira dude." Roy commented. "Don't worry, he can't kill you if you have a mask on you or you don't reveal your face. Right now, Kira doesn't know you exist. If he hasn't seen your face or know your true name, he can't kill you." Near told him. Roy felt relieved after that.

"I think Kira is a shinigami. I don't know how to kill or stop a shinigami which is why I need everyone's help. We need to figure out how to kill shinigami and we can stop him." Near told them. "Well, that's fantastic. We're trying to stop something that's immortal and wants to be god, can it get any better?" Roy complains. "Shinigami have wings." Near added. "Even better! It makes me want to be a shinigami!" Roy angrily speaks. He leaves the room and Tim continues playing Tower Defense on his phone.