Plan set into motion

It's been a week since Kira went back to the shinigami realm in human time. The deaths of criminals remained on a daily basis but the new criminals who have been broadcasted on TV haven't died.  There seems to have been an absence in Kira's judgement. Near realized this and immediately went into action. Knowing that Kira has gone somewhere where he can't kill people, Near set his plan into motion.

    Everybody was in position and everything was ready for when Kira returned. The preparations lasted a week and luckily, Kira didn't show up within this time period. The plan was extremely risky and almost inhumane. However, this was all that Near could think of at the time. The idea required deep thinking but that's why the plan can't be too horrible. He thought about all the factors but this was what he deduced based on what he now knows.

                      Near's deduction

   "How can we kill shinigami? How can shinigami die? They can't die by human means because this was tested when that bus accident occurred. I believe Ray Pember was on the bus when it happened. Witnesses claim that the bus hi-jacker went insane and ran out of the bus but got ran over quickly after. Since people can be manipulated prior to death, he was either manipulated to go insane or he saw something. If he saw something, what would it be?  Either way,  it went according to Kira's plan. He shot at the window,  so perhaps he did see something. He might've seen a shinigami. That's it!  He saw the shinigami! Light must have purposely let him touch a piece of the death note! However,  this doesn't explain how to kill shinigami. A shinigami killed L but he was never seen again after that. According to my old files, his name was Rem. Now why would the shinigami leave all of the sudden, we couldn't kill him.  He had no reason to be there. He could have just left and never returned but he sided with Kira and killed L. Maybe there is a way to kill shinigami. This method wouldn't involve human means of death so he died in a way a human wouldn't normally die. At the time, L scheduled for a prisoner on death row to use the death note before he was executed. He was going to be executed 13 days after, L was probably going to test the fake rules. At the time, Misa was also under suspicion of being the Second Kira. I figured it out! Rem killed Watari and L for the sake of Misa! Somehow, by killing L and Watari, he died. But why? Why did he die? Maybe it's because L or Watari weren't supposed to die. In that case, Kira would've died by now and the shinigami wouldn't exist. Perhaps, someone was meant to die but they didn't because L or Watari died. That's got to be it, why didn't I realize this back then? I was foolish. This is far fetched but this just might be true. I need to test this but it'll require preparations that must be completed before Kira realizes what I'm doing. This must succeed, otherwise, I won't be able to stop Kira."

   "Everyone knows what to do when the killings spring up again right?" Near asked everyone. "Yes." Everyone responded. "Good.  I don't know how long it'll take but Kira will return. If not, then Kira died." He informed them.